Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Want to through this out to the forum.
I am in no way an expert, but i will have my laptop with me at TO. I have 3-4 different programming cables and a basic frequency file that can be loaded on the TYT mobils and most Baofeng Hand helds. I hope to arrive Monday afternoon or evening and have a ride scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday.
But if anyone needs assistance please let me know,maybe i can help ya out.
I will repost to this thread when i get close or arrive and we can setup a meetup.

Edited!! Added a disclaimer

I would suggest everyone get there entry level ham license. Some of the frequencies we could be using you should have a license

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I have a hacked Baofeng handheld HAM (no license or clue what I'm doing). Any typical frequencies you guys use?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes sir we have about 20 frs/gmrs channels we normally have preprogrammed to use.
Lets look at your radio and see what we can do to help.

Reactions: TimG and Biteme
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I've got two Baefong I bought a couple years ago for spares to hand out for anyone that might need one. I never got around to programming them. I've got a cord somewhere, maybe we can get together and program them.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Want to through this out to the forum.
I am in no way an expert, but i will have my laptop with me at TO. I have 3-4 different programming cables and a basic frequency file that can be loaded on the TYT mobils and most Baofeng Hand helds. I hope to arrive Monday afternoon or evening and have a ride scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday.
But if anyone needs assistance please let me know,maybe i can help ya out.
I will repost to this thread when i get close or arrive and we can setup a meetup.

Edited!! Added a disclaimer

I would suggest everyone get there entry level ham license. Some of the frequencies we could be using you should have a license
Do you know what ham freqs might be used so I can go ahead and program them.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Do you know what ham freqs might be used so I can go ahead and program them.
If you program in the 22 FRS & GMRS channels you will have it covered. Typically running in channels 2 through 12 with 3,4,7,8, being the most commonly used depends upon local competing traffic any given day.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just FYI if anyone is interested,i will have a couple of handheld radios for purchase.These are my extras i always carry to group rides(UV9-R).
I would rather you buy from a forum vendor like @elkaholic.
But if thats not possible i will have a few you can purchase. They will be ready to go.
Dm me if your interested.

20210528 195328

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!