ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, maybe you should have asked the particulars of unloading. Parachute drop near Oahu at 12,000 feet while sitting in machine :D
That scenery and adrenaline rush would make the riding afterwards mundane.

Edit: Hell of an Overland pack out and we'd have to get a ride to the Big Island or Kauai for the best scenery.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That scenery and adrenaline rush would make the riding afterwards mundane.
Am I the only person that was completely disappointed with the hyped adrenaline rush from sky diving? I took the class so I could jump and pull my own chute even. It was my first and only jump. My motorcycle ride to and from the jump was far more exhilarating. When I was getting unstrapped and the guy asked me how it was and I said disappointing he told me that was the first time he had ever heard that response. We talked for a bit and I said I guess had the chute not opened properly and I had to lose it and pull the reserve I would have had a different experience. As it went there was just no real excitement to it. I never had a fear I was going to die or anything. I traveled faster speeds on the Ninja on the way there (allegedly) so the wind force wasn't anything new. I was flying every single week then so the scenery wasn't anything exciting. I had also previously para-sailed so the quiet floating in the air part wasn't new either. Don't get me wrong, it was cool and overall I was still glad I did it, but I was definitely disappointed that it didn't elevate my pulse.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Am I the only person that was completely disappointed with the hyped adrenaline rush from sky diving? I took the class so I could jump and pull my own chute even. It was my first and only jump. My motorcycle ride to and from the jump was far more exhilarating. When I was getting unstrapped and the guy asked me how it was and I said disappointing he told me that was the first time he had ever heard that response. We talked for a bit and I said I guess had the chute not opened properly and I had to lose it and pull the reserve I would have had a different experience. As it went there was just no real excitement to it. I never had a fear I was going to die or anything. I traveled faster speeds on the Ninja on the way there (allegedly) so the wind force wasn't anything new. I was flying every single week then so the scenery wasn't anything exciting. I had also previously para-sailed so the quiet floating in the air part wasn't new either. Don't get me wrong, it was cool and overall I was still glad I did it, but I was definitely disappointed that it didn't elevate my pulse.

You must not have a problem with heights, I'd rather NOT fall. I do like skydiving and flying though.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You must not have a problem with heights, I'd rather NOT fall. I do like skydiving and flying though.
I won't claim to be a fan of heights, but I do what needs to be done. I was the one sent to the top of the antennae tower and I've been on plenty of roofs and up plenty of trees. I use a safety harness and life line's though if things are at all sketchy so it isn't like I don't respect a good fall to death. I was nervous for a week leading up to the jump day. I had seen probably a hundred people jump tandem and land safely with no issues at all while I was going through the class that day. I guess I just felt perfectly safe by the time the jump rolled around at the end of the day. I was probably just far to naive about how safe it was. I chalk it up to young and stupid. lol

Honestly the coolest thing I've ever done was an aerobatic plane ride. It was like an hour long roller coaster ride more or less. It was a trainer plane as well so the pilot even let me have the controls for some barrel rolls. I'd definitely take an opportunity to do that again.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Maybe because you did the solo jump? First jump after training is usually a static line jump from about 1500 feet. The tandem jump I did was from 9000 and you free fall a lot longer. Wasn't scary at all but it was fun! First time flying in a plane too and I jumped out of it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!