NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe because you did the solo jump? First jump after training is usually a static line jump from about 1500 feet. The tandem jump I did was from 9000 and you free fall a lot longer. Wasn't scary at all but it was fun! First time flying in a plane too and I jumped out of it.

Wasn’t a static line jump. I had to wave the arm over the back of head and pull the chute. We were told to pull the chute between 5,000 and 6,000 feet though. One instructor pulled his chute just before you and was the one talking you down and it gave the other instructor time to see things were good and pull theirs. Free fall time was pretty limited something like 5 or 6 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Wasn’t a static line jump. I had to wave the arm over the back of head and pull the chute. We were told to pull the chute between 5,000 and 6,000 feet though. One instructor pulled his chute just before you and was the one talking you down and it gave the other instructor time to see things were good and pull theirs. Free fall time was pretty limited something like 5 or 6 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I'm sure you know, you pull both reigns to flare out and slow you down for the landing. Can't do it too early or too late or you come in hot. Knew a guy that went through all the training to do a solo jump, his first was the static line jump from 1500 ft. He misjudged the distance coming in and flared out too early, it slowed him down and then he started picking up speed again. Slid in on his heels and broke his tailbone on his first jump. I don't think he ever jumped again after that.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As I'm sure you know, you pull both reigns to flare out and slow you down for the landing. Can't do it too early or too late or you come in hot. Knew a guy that went through all the training to do a solo jump, his first was the static line jump from 1500 ft. He misjudged the distance coming in and flared out too early, it slowed him down and then he started picking up speed again. Slid in on his heels and broke his tailbone on his first jump. I don't think he ever jumped again after that.
I can remember them warning us over and over and over again about that very thing in the class. Their secret to judging when to flare was to wait until you can see individual blades of grass. It definitely took me several mental "not yet's" in that last 100 feet to keep from flaring early. Another interesting tidbit, we weren't allowed to try to land on our feet. They basically taught us how to fall/crumple to the ground on landing telling us it was far safer. I followed their rules, but had a much softer landing than I had anticipated. I did miss the target landing zone by about 20 yards though. Massive field obviously so it wasn't a big deal, but I was well short of the giant orange X.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I knew y'all had said potentially the last weekend in April or first weekend in May... It looks like May 1st is on a Friday...would we consider that the first weekend in May?

Hypothetically, if a guy needed to turn in his PTO requests for next year, would the period of April 22-May 3 be likely to cover it?

I can always give it back but getting it becomes a bear the further the year goes

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
My kids came last year and loved it. They danced on the stage till late that night. I'll bring a cake. LOL
lol i would but we wouldnt be able to enjoy it whole joint custody and gotta be back by 5pm sunday. so sunday ride would be shot and i wouldnt get there till about 9 am depending where its at. and thats driving through the night. cause i wouldnt get her till 6pm friday

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!