P1000 TAKEOVER LODGING ?

gparks

gparks

Aug 10, 2020
Asheville NC
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
So this year will be my first takeover. I have only been to RRB once that was back in September. I stayed at Eagle Rock campground, which I did like and the access to town was nice as well. My question is where is the best place to stay during the takeover?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've yet to go to a TO but been to RRB twice and eagle rock campground seems to be the most convenient as far as in-n-out of town and fuel stops. We stood at eagle rock the first time and this last ride in Sept we stood at the comfort inn. During the TO however, all the "action" I believe is around the main RRB campground (raffles, campfires, music, food, etc.)

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
In the past its been based at RRB. Wont know until announced if same location or not. If you want to stay there book quick. Ridges of Royal Blue and stinking creek are close by and quieter with less traffic, but still easy to meet everyone at RRB. Eagle is a trail ride away but a great place to stay with restaurants, hotels, truck stops etc. Groups travel between frequently. All are good choices and generally offer a takeover early booking discount. Plenty of Honda peeps will be staying at all of them to meet up with.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
In the past its been based at RRB. Wont know until announced if same location or not. If you want to stay there book quick. Ridges of Royal Blue and stinking creek are close by and quieter with less traffic, but still easy to meet everyone at RRB. Eagle is a trail ride away but a great place to stay with restaurants, hotels, truck stops etc. Groups travel between frequently. All are good choices and generally offer a takeover early booking discount. Plenty of Honda peeps will be staying at all of them to meet up with.
I hope it's at RRB we have a rain check on the cabin we had last year!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I hope we egg heads get a heads up well in advance to try to work it out if it's not going to be at RRB?

The annual Pioneer Takeover will occur each spring at RRB area for the foreseeable future. It doesn't matter which of the three campgrounds you stay at rain check can be used at any of them. Location is just too accommodating to a wide variety of trails from family friendly to challenging. The lack of legal over-reach like at Hatfield McCoy and being ATV friendly communities just seals the deal with enough lodging to handle 1000 people.

Anyone can organize a ride in their region for the club, all they have to do is show initiative and herd the cats on catnip. Many people comment we need a ride here or there, all it takes is your initiative and active involvement instead of desire.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!