P1000 Talk me into a 1000-3

T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I currently have a 2015 700-4. I've got 820 hours on it. 3300 miles. Looking to go to a newer model for use around the 35 acres and give mine to my brother so they can use it. I was leaning heavily at a used John Deere 835r since it has a cab and air conditioning (that would be nice when its 110 degrees outside and you are spraying sericea lespedeza) but man they are expensive even used. Another Pioneer is high on the list, and they have a 1000-3 and 1000-3 deluxe. I don't want another with flip up seats in the bed to collect dirt, tree bark, etc. Other option is to do nothing and keep rolling with my current SxS and I am a cheap skate. Anything you don't like about the 1000 series?

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We love our 2016 P1K. It is used mainly for utility purposes and has had all the recalls done. No problems with it ever. I think the 2022 model and up have a little more hp and torque with improved shifting. It will have noticeably more power than your 700 and still maintain its use ability. It also has turf mode, not sure if a 700 has that, which is a selection to use just one wheel pull in the rear. Keeps from tearing up the grass when turning. @Jason W just purchased a new P1K Trail. He might can fill you in on the specs.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buy it. You won't regret it. I had a 2014 700-4 and sold it when I bought my 1000-5. Huge difference in power and better ride. Power steering is really nice also. Might want to think about a 1000-5 just so you can have the roof covering the bed also. Honda makes a slide in bed liner to keep dirt and debris out of the back seats when folded down. My only complaint about the 1000 is it seems to need more maintenance than my 700 did. Sounds like honda fixed some of those issues with the 22 and newer models. Good luck

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We switched from a 2020 700-4 to 2023 1k5. The 1000 does everything better.
Turf mode, 6 speed (huge difference), high/low range, noise (also big difference), ride (to be fair new buggy has Fox shocks), ground clearance, 3 front seats, oil change frequency is 1200 instead of 600.

We mostly backroad/trail ride but also use as utility around the property. The 700 had plenty of power for us but the 3 speed limited low speed crawling & downhill engine braking. The cruising speed on the roads wasn’t ideal making 28+ mph not so fun.

The 700 felt mediocre and left us wanting in some areas while the 1000 excels in those items. We had a lot of fun with the 700 though and really enjoyed it.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I went from a firetrap 570 ranger to a 1000-5. There is no comparison. The 1000 is awesome. I’ve driven a few 700’s and they were not as much fun as the 570.

I also have been in a few John Deere’s. They are nice with the heat and air cab, but not sporty at all.

The 1000 is a blast. You can do utility work or sporty riding. I also added fox shocks. Mine is probably 50% trail 50% work. I would get the 3 seater if you want to use the dump bed for small stuff.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you don’t plan on trying to haul more than one other person and a dog. Get the three. Love mine. The beds not covered but my tools and the occasional deer or turkey don’t mind riding back there in the rain

T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you don’t plan on trying to haul more than one other person and a dog. Get the three. Love mine. The beds not covered but my tools and the occasional deer or turkey don’t mind riding back there in the rain
I didn't want the roll cage as I haul decoys and such for waterfowl hunting and it seems to get in the way. I also haul alot of firewood in the back. Spring has a fire skid, summer has fishing stuff.

advertisement
T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sounds like my brother will buy my 700-4 from me for the price I shot him. Going to go look tomorrow. In 2015 when I bought you haggled a lot like car buying. Is that still a thing? Also is it worth an extra $1k to get the deluxe model? Website price is $17,999 with no dealer fees for a standard. $18,999 for a deluxe.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sounds like my brother will buy my 700-4 from me for the price I shot him. Going to go look tomorrow. In 2015 when I bought you haggled a lot like car buying. Is that still a thing? Also is it worth an extra $1k to get the deluxe model? Website price is $17,999 with no dealer fees for a standard. $18,999 for a deluxe.
Yes, haggle the Fuc out of them! What do u have to loose? Nothing!

Yes on the deluxe if u dont want to buy panels and shinny wheels a base. There is base stock tooth filling loosener shocks on both.
I bought a base and customized it to my liking
Took a while but I can call it my own. It all depends on how much you feel like doing to it? Keep in mind, you WILL want to buy aftermarket shocks on those 2 models

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I currently have a 2015 700-4. I've got 820 hours on it. 3300 miles. Looking to go to a newer model for use around the 35 acres and give mine to my brother so they can use it. I was leaning heavily at a used John Deere 835r since it has a cab and air conditioning (that would be nice when its 110 degrees outside and you are spraying sericea lespedeza) but man they are expensive even used. Another Pioneer is high on the list, and they have a 1000-3 and 1000-3 deluxe. I don't want another with flip up seats in the bed to collect dirt, tree bark, etc. Other option is to do nothing and keep rolling with my current SxS and I am a cheap skate. Anything you don't like about the 1000 series?

I’m a Honda guy and bleed red - but the JD is hands down the winner - utility/AC/heat - primo

I had a P1000 - great ride but terribly hot

Reactions: ChadD and Backwoods
T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’m a Honda guy and bleed red - but the JD is hands down the winner - utility/AC/heat - primo

I had a P1000 - great ride but terribly hot
I like the heat/ac. I just have to ask myself what it is worth. A new JD with heat and air is $33k (price I was quoted). I might as well buy a pickup for that. A used 5 year old JD with heat/air and 782 hours around here is still $23,500. My mom and dad just paid $17,500 for a 2020 JD with all that stuff at 1200 hours.

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It probably would be cheaper to buy a jeep. Its worth trying but be prepared to pay what the dealer is asking. They know some other sucker will be coming along soon enough if you don't buy it so they don't "need" to haggle at all. That's how capitalism works...

Reactions: Backwoods and ChadD
T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
It probably would be cheaper to buy a jeep. Its worth trying but be prepared to pay what the dealer is asking. They know some other sucker will be coming along soon enough if you don't buy it so they don't "need" to haggle at all. That's how capitalism works...
Capitalism also works with me hanging onto my cash when I don't see the same value they do. 2 way street and all. I'm a tight wad by nature so it won't pain me at all to drive home empty handed.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I like the heat/ac. I just have to ask myself what it is worth. A new JD with heat and air is $33k (price I was quoted). I might as well buy a pickup for that. A used 5 year old JD with heat/air and 782 hours around here is still $23,500. My mom and dad just paid $17,500 for a 2020 JD with all that stuff at 1200 hours.
what u want they don't make for the money u want to spend on a sxs

trying to cool\heat a sxs (short of Kubota\JD\poo poo n-star, etc.) is marginal at best (here comes the scuds)

imo its either pony over or dump the $$'s into a used jeep\pick up with heat\ac - will go the same places and do the same thing for a lot less money

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
You definitely don't want the Deere. They're noisy, the suspension sucks (constantly bottoming out), parts are ridiculously expensive and the machine can be problematic. Considering the purchase price, their resale values plummet as well. Only people purchasing them are the dyed in green army. I had a highly optioned 855 diesel that suffered from continual electrical gnomes eating numerous wiring harnesses, clutches, variators and belts. The 835 runs the Cherry engine from India which is very noisy (loud). I sold mine to a local LSA and constantly received calls regarding issues they were having with the machine. It had 400+ hours and was an absolute POS. Reliability comparable to UTV purchased from Tractor Supply. Lastly, there's no support from the aftermarket community and all your parts and accessories come from Mr Green Jeans. Don't touch this red hot burner because you'll be burned. Sad to think that Deere created the side by side market with the original Gator, yet their machines are overly priced Junk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!