Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just saw these at the Honda dealer the other day. The extended cab was a good idea.
I found it interesting a few months ago while picking up my rims and tires, killing a little time was looking at the S X S's, the Manager came over and started asking me questions about what I liked and disliked about my rig and what I would like to see in a S X S and he was writing down the things I said, I asked why he was doing that, he replied Textron is gathering information from existing S X S owners so they can build what we want, that's refreshing! The Havoc seems a little big, especially after chasing those dang P5's last weekend! HA!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Textron purchased Arctic Cat.
1/2 there vehicles are A/C and 1/2 are there own.

To put it in order, Textron sold Polaris (many years ago).
They purchased Bad Boy.
Redesigned there own vehicles when they realized BB was a waste of money.
Then purchased A/C for a bargan price.

It will be interesting to see what hapens next.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
In a utility they raised the bar with 100hp and King shocks with 12.5 inches of suspension travel. Top speed is 72 mph. Since I put on over 15,000 miles a year belt drive is a problem for me. The big guys will be right up against the steering wheel even with the seat all the way back. I think it will sell well and it may make the other brands step it up a bit.

Reactions: Mudwing and JTW
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there public market share information that is available on SXS/UTV's? Just curious as to how everything pans out with data. I remember seeing some at one point.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That space behind the seat and the bed behind it is EXACTLY what I'm working on doing to my P1K! Gonna put a draw tank for fuel on one side and a water tank for washing hands on the other. Plus, now my bed hinges will be in a position to allow my bed to dump. They stole my idea!!!

Reactions: Plumber32
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That space behind the seat and the bed behind it is EXACTLY what I'm working on doing to my P1K! Gonna put a draw tank for fuel on one side and a water tank for washing hands on the other. Plus, now my bed hinges will be in a position to allow my bed to dump. They stole my idea!!!

They need more storage, I was considering making a bed mounted storage box that had a separate fuel tank and water tank built into the front portion along with a drawer that went out each rear door and one that went out the tailgate, with a small cooler strapped to the top so I wasn't constantly loosening something up to get to something else, but now that I opened up the space in the rear doors I am not going to mess with it.

Haha well if you only had 60% of the bed and 60% of the bed capacity you could dump the Pioneer bed, Just mount a 2x12 to the floor now you have the same bed capacity and a 5 seater. I want my commission.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They need more storage, I was considering making a bed mounted storage box that had a separate fuel tank and water tank built into the front portion along with a drawer that went out each rear door and one that went out the tailgate, with a small cooler strapped to the top so I wasn't constantly loosening something up to get to something else, but now that I opened up the space in the rear doors I am not going to mess with it.

Haha well if you only had 60% of the bed and 60% of the bed capacity you could dump the Pioneer bed, Just mount a 2x12 to the floor now you have the same bed capacity and a 5 seater. I want my commission.
The bed liners have a molded slot for 2 X ?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wow is Textron going to give Honda sales trouble, like right now! Saw there work / play model, it's only a two seater and a rubber band model, but almost every thing else was killer, comes with 2.5 King shocks, adjustable, winch, a decent skid plate, 8 ply ITP tires, same rim and tire front and rear, tilt bed w/ storage behind the seats, steel braided brake lines and its got 100 HP. Already has storage under the dash all the way across. Things I didn't like as follows; Seats, width of machine / tires width, front bumper is a touch on the small side for me, HA! I'm going on a demo ride at Rush Springs in a couple of weeks, I'll let you know how I really feel after! Think all it needs is a roof, light bar and whips according to DrFubar! $ 17,000
You better jump on that XX @Smitty335 Textron finds the Artic Cat line so profitable they are not producing any more snow machines other than what is pre sold and drastically cutting off road production.
Screenshot 20190723 235057 Chrome

H

hemifoot

i almost bought a havoc and a wildcat trail in may. ended up with the p1k-5 and the camso tracks instead,but it was close.the havoc is still a nice machine for the price but the seating is a little weird like the reviews claimed.i might still buy the wildcat trail for the wife.

Reactions: Plumber32
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
artic cat is the same as Polaris you have to live with it a while before you start seeing everything wrong with them. the last artic that was in our club only made it a few miles in our swamp trail before he had to be towed back to the truck. they have quality and design issues with real use

H

hemifoot

i did a real deep dive into cfmoto machines,particularly their zforce line and test drove their 1000,800 trail. they were very nice handling and riding and quite comfortable.it was really hard to find any really heavy criticism online.only a few minor complaints which was very surprising for a chinese brand.you get alot for what you pay for, but unfortunately the dealer network isn't quite there yet in my area or i would have given them some serious consideration.my wife isn't exactly a hard charger when it comes to off roading so anything she gets will last her forever.she absolutely hates riding with me.she thinks i'm deliberately trying to kill her.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Looks like the end is inevitable for cat. If you can't make it in this economy your doing something wrong.
That no joke, hell today alone Polaris stock went up 18% after earnings call report exceeds expectations by 7% year over year.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looks like the end is inevitable for cat. If you can't make it in this economy your doing something wrong.
Well said.
Or trying to set up shop in California or based out of Reo Linda:D

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That no joke, hell today alone Polaris stock went up 18% after earnings call report exceeds expectations by 7% year over year.
The 2020 Tracker/Textron is out, sold in Bass Pro Shops! I'll start wearing short skirts, so all you old farts don't have to bend over so far to blow smoke up my dress! HA! This should be interesting, HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!