Textron S X S's

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
personally wouldnt give 5 bucks either but alot of people care, you can get a new sportsman 500 for like 5k, the brute and grizz were like 10 last time i looked and the rangers they really sell for 4 or 5 off msrp so they can actually sell them

H

HondaTech

Nice features. If they just find a way to improve the reliability of the machine there hard to beat.

If they built them to be reliable they'd have to raise the price up to above the competition.

Like someone else stated, most Polaris owners purchased their unit because of the "deal" they got. It's not a deal if your spending the money you "saved" on repairing the dang thing not to long after purchasing.

They look flashy and fast, but a few thousand miles in and their trash.

I'm still baffled people buy the Kawasaki Teryx when they clank so badly out of the box.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If they built them to be reliable they'd have to raise the price up to above the competition.

Like someone else stated, most Polaris owners purchased their unit because of the "deal" they got. It's not a deal if your spending the money you "saved" on repairing the dang thing not to long after purchasing.

They look flashy and fast, but a few thousand miles in and their trash.

I'm still baffled people buy the Kawasaki Teryx when they clank so badly out of the box.

In addition to your very valid point I would add this:

Having been working at the Eagle Campground near RRB all calls for 3 campgrounds come to me all weekend long and I'm by myself so I get to answer EVERY, "I'm broken down on the trails can anyone help me." calls. This is an average of 6 calls every F/S alone.

The above being said, 99% of calls are Polaris / Artic Cat / Can Am break downs with Polaris 6 to 1 over the other two brands. The top 5 items are wheel bearings, tie rod ends, differentials, belts, radius rods. Many of these people spent $1500+ for a cabin to ride during vacation and $20-$50 parts are regularly failing interrupting thier vacation and worse yet often stranded in BFE.

There is a much greater value for reliability if you factor in trip interruption and possibly recovery service costs. As everyone knows if MOMMA isn't happy nobody is having a good time.

H

HondaTech

In addition to your very valid point I would add this:

Having been working at the Eagle Campground near RRB all calls for 3 campgrounds come to me all weekend long and I'm by myself so I get to answer EVERY, "I'm broken down on the trails can anyone help me." calls. This is an average of 6 calls every F/S alone.

The above being said, 99% of calls are Polaris / Artic Cat / Can Am break downs with Polaris 6 to 1 over the other two brands. The top 5 items are wheel bearings, tie rod ends, differentials, belts, radius rods. Many of these people spent $1500+ for a cabin to ride during vacation and $20-$50 parts are regularly failing interrupting thier vacation and worse yet often stranded in BFE.

There is a much greater value for reliability if you factor in trip interruption and possibly recovery service costs. As everyone knows if MOMMA isn't happy nobody is having a good time.

A good friend of the shops who sold his P1K-5 to buy a Talon R said he'd never own another RZR and he has a Sportsman as well. In the 3600 miles he put on his Pioneer he never had the problems he did with the RZR. He mainly rides Harlan county and its rough out there.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2

kawi and yamaha are close second in reliability to honda, and most of the time a better deal till i bought this one i had 20 years or so of buying the other ones because they were about 60 percent of the price honda wanted. this time they wanted the same otd for the brute and grizz as i paid for the pioneer. way to crazy for a atv. anyway the kawis make some racket but its the same as the honda, heavy gears and crap. for a long time they had the best clutch for mud in all the twins they had no grease in any of the machine to attract and wear out in the mud like the yamaha setup but now they switched at least the terex to the stupid mud attracting wet setup you have to get rid of like yamaha

N

Nazz26

Jul 9, 2019
Middletown NY
Ownership

1. Talon X
E76DD62E 3B85 4E39 92B5 FE3EC2C55033 C9B3D82C 15DE 4BFD B7EA 2F75C8D6D0F9 2A847807 27C8 4621 A1B1 C0EB4F1D2D30 Hey all I’m fairly new to the forum. I do own a Textron Havoc X. It’s a impressive machine. Goes anywhere the Polaris and Honda and everything else go. I mainly rock crawl here in the northeast and the ride is jeep like. The low end torque is where it’s at. This thing can pull. And it has pulled many machines out of a mud pit where others have failed. I also just bought the talon x and I love it, many have asked me which I like better. My answer is they are two different animals. As of now I find rock crawling I prefer the Havoc. Not to say the Talon can not rock crawl but in low gear the talon is jumpy when I throttle lightly. Now give me some open trails to rip and the talon x in sport mode with its transmission is a whole different story.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
View attachment 148755 View attachment 148756 View attachment 148757 Hey all I’m fairly new to the forum. I do own a Textron Havoc X. It’s a impressive machine. Goes anywhere the Polaris and Honda and everything else go. I mainly rock crawl here in the northeast and the ride is jeep like. The low end torque is where it’s at. This thing can pull. And it has pulled many machines out of a mud pit where others have failed. I also just bought the talon x and I love it, many have asked me which I like better. My answer is they are two different animals. As of now I find rock crawling I prefer the Havoc. Not to say the Talon can not rock crawl but in low gear the talon is jumpy when I throttle lightly. Now give me some open trails to rip and the talon x in sport mode with its transmission is a whole different story.

Nice to hear some good feedback about the Havoc this may be Honda forum but we are a open minded group.
How long do you have it, keep us posted on its progress, or I guess it comes built right out of the box.

N

Nazz26

Jul 9, 2019
Middletown NY
Ownership

1. Talon X
Nice to hear some good feedback about the Havoc this may be Honda forum but we are a open minded group.
How long do you have it, keep us posted on its progress, or I guess it comes built right out of the box.
GPR1500sc thanks. I have had it just over a year and added windshield, rock sliders, aluminum skid plate, rear bumper, interior footwell lights, rear lights and the front light bar. All that I ride with are impressed with the machine, it is built like a tank. Textron sent out a do not operate recall. The front a arms were overbuilt(cast iron) which a few owners during aggressive riding like jumping and landing on impact to crack. My dealer immediately ordered the new a arm kit(tubed steel) and did the recall. So no more front cast iron a arms on the Havoc x..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!