Textron S X S's

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
anyone I ask why they bought a Polaris, I know a ton, its not reliabity or its cool. they say I got a good deal, that's all some people care about, Polaris sells so many because advertising and price. you are always hit with the lastest popo whatever on tv or on the atv shows, no one else is like that, and that is how you sell alot

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
ARRGGHHH!!! Now why did you have to go and make me look at the Polaris site? I've been trying to ignore them and keep the new Rangers out of my mind! They sure do look nice!
I did the same thing last night! Still want a Wolverine!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nice features. If they just find a way to improve the reliability of the machine there hard to beat.
It would be easy actually. Build a machine with the intention it needs to last past the sale. But why build something dependable? You can sell that same guy a bunch of parts and another piece of s*** the following year. Just add 10hp and new stickers, you’ll have his attention again. Brilliant marketing actually.
Few people keep anything all that long anymore anyways. Manufacturer adds an option to an existing model and it doesn’t matter if it’s better or not someone now needs that “new”model.
That’s why manufacturers debut a plain model then 6 months add a feature or two. Creates demand. For a large share of the population something doesn’t need to be dependable because it’ll get passed on to the next guy shortly and resale value doesn’t matter to a fair amount of people.

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The polaris stealership here is a nice place sell popos and Kawasaki so i asked the which one would u buy of the two he says Kawasaki probably the polaris take to much Maintence compared to OTHER BRANDS lol so the guy selling them don’t believe in them
But they are nice machines so far as features and aftermarket parts available anyways thats my pennies worth

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
More like 50hp.
Or so I heard.
Lol. Well that’s just because they had to “one up” the competition not just try to resale to existing owners. Let the fires and recalls begin again. Maybe a new owner can take possession for more then a few weeks and hopefully get it back by next riding season.

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
It would be easy actually. Build a machine with the intention it needs to last past the sale. But why build something dependable? You can sell that same guy a bunch of parts and another piece of s*** the following year. Just add 10hp and new stickers, you’ll have his attention again. Brilliant marketing actually.
Few people keep anything all that long anymore anyways. Manufacturer adds an option to an existing model and it doesn’t matter if it’s better or not someone now needs that “new”model.
That’s why manufacturers debut a plain model then 6 months add a feature or two. Creates demand. For a large share of the population something doesn’t need to be dependable because it’ll get passed on to the next guy shortly and resale value doesn’t matter to a fair amount of people.
I'd like for them to build a quality machine and continue to be innovative so the other manufacturers continue to step up there game. Yes, lots of goobers out there buying that don't know there ass from a hole in the ground, but it's better for us as knowledgeable consumers to have quality choices.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'd like for them to build a quality machine and continue to be innovative so the other manufacturers continue to step up there game. Yes, lots of goobers out there buying that don't know there ass from a hole in the ground, but it's better for us as knowledgeable consumers to have quality choices.
Quality and reliable are two separate things. To some quality means something totally different.
But yes if companies would try a little harder it would force the hand on all.

Reactions: Tigermark
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Quality and reliable are two separate things. To some quality means something totally different.
But yes if companies would try a little harder it would force the hand on all.
They go hand in hand. Quality is how well it’s designed and built, reliability is well it stays built. I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I do know one thing. That Ranger has neither the quality or reliability to handle your torture tests in Idaho ;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They go hand in hand. Quality is how well it’s designed and built, reliability is well it stays built. I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I do know one thing. That Ranger has neither the quality or reliability to handle your torture tests in Idaho ;)
I’m driving so my example is that. Car behind me is quality made but is one of the least reliable cars. What I’m driving isn’t quality made but definitely is dependable. 0BC81A65 7B20 48B2 AAC7 CACCF631E842
Dependability usually goes hand and hand with resale value. If it plummets it’s usually not reliable
Honda generally has both. Can am is more on the quality built side but less dependable. Yamaha is both. Polaris has some quality especially accessories but not reliable at all. They are two separate things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigermark
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I’m driving so my example is that. Car behind me is quality made but is one of the least reliable cars. What I’m driving isn’t quality made but definitely is dependable. View attachment 143659
Dependability usually goes hand and hand with resale value. If it plummets it’s usually not reliable.
Screenshot 20190725 113743

Most surveys have BMW in top ten for reliability. If it's not qaulity initially it's not gonna be reliable.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 143660

Most surveys have BMW in top ten for reliability. If it's not qaulity initially it's not gonna be reliable.
Chicago Tribune is a leftist leaning publication (they hate anything and everything American). I'll put our good ole Fords and Chevy's - Buick especially up against any of those marques any day as far as reliability. (Ever notice how many mid-90's Buicks with the legendary 3800 Series II V6 there are still on the road?)

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Chicago Tribune is a leftist leaning publication (they hate anything and everything American). I'll put our good ole Fords and Chevy's - Buick especially up against any of those marques any day as far as reliability. (Ever notice how many mid-90's Buicks with the legendary 3800 Series II V6 there are still on the road?)

My dad has always been a Buick man, and they've always been great cars! However, he told me a couple weeks ago that his present Buick is his last, he's had more problems with it than he cares to admit, especially transmission problems.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's the wildcat xx. Just different stickers
That's what I have been telling everybody! Boat mechanics working on S x S's, they all ready do, probably evens the slow and busy periods and boat motors are very complicated this days?

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
anyone I ask why they bought a Polaris, I know a ton, its not reliabity or its cool. they say I got a good deal, that's all some people care about, Polaris sells so many because advertising and price. you are always hit with the lastest popo whatever on tv or on the atv shows, no one else is like that, and that is how you sell alot
They don’t sell one cheap enough!

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!