Talon TFLOffroad Review - 2019 Honda Talon Revealed - Here Are the Specs for Honda's RZR Fighter!

Cal

Cal

Apr 15, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I saw where the Talon is just over 1500lbs
I hope that Eslinger_18 is right that it's just over 1000lbs. That would be a nice advantage over the other machines if Honda is the lightest, and it would be by a decent margin. I'm sure we'll hear an official number soon.

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope that Eslinger_18 is right that it's just over 1000lbs. That would be a nice advantage over the other machines if Honda is the lightest, and it would be by a decent margin. I'm sure we'll hear an official number soon.
agree, but sometimes on a sxs lighter equals cheaper parts. @joeymt33 knows the weight

Eslinger_18

Eslinger_18

Wake up and piss excellence!
Supporting Member
Aug 28, 2018
Mt. Angel, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I watched the video again, it says they are just above and below that 1500lb mark, between the 2 models. Having that DCT is going to add weight that is unavoidable but more than justifiable in my opinion.

Cal

Cal

Apr 15, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I watched the video again, it says they are just above and below that 1500lb mark, between the 2 models. Having that DCT is going to add weight that is unavoidable but more than justifiable in my opinion.
Thank you for looking. Some of the guys I ride with view weight as their most important spec. 1500 pounds still isn't bad though.

Reactions: Smitty335 and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Have you seen the bolts and parts on a RZR???
Theres 30% less metal so yeah its gonna weigh less.
I am hoping if its 1500lbs that means all the parts are beefy enough to even hold up to @CumminsPusher
I’m offering free R&D if someone wants to donate their machine for a day. Seriously I’d love an hour of seat time...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
for you....$30,000 deposit right @snuffnwhisky ?
Well luckily most things were warranted out, almost like it wasn’t purposeful damage. I did offer to take care of things and he wasn’t having it. Would’ve been safer with you driving, would’ve came back with light layer dust and no scratches:)

Reactions: sharp and JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well luckily most things were warranted out, almost like it wasn’t purposeful damage. I did offer to take care of things and he wasn’t having it. Would’ve been safer with you driving, would’ve came back with light layer dust and no scratches:)

I know you did, I'm just giving you crap BUT...... I DID take mine the same places with stock suspension and tires and kept the rubber side down too.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know you did, I'm just giving you crap BUT...... I DID take mine the same places with stock suspension and tires and kept the rubber side down too.
But...you were in your rig that you’re use to and it was setup by you and for you, big difference. I did prior call concerning different setup and he did say “flip it just video it” I failed the latter. Would’ve been awesome vid, I was calm and had enough control to catch the tires with throttle on second roll before it got real bad and drive off. I think some people would’ve been a bowling ball had that happened.

J

JTW

But...you were in your rig that you’re use to and it was setup by you and for you, big difference. I did prior call concerning different setup and he did say “flip it just video it” I failed the latter. Would’ve been awesome vid, I was calm and had enough control to catch the tires with throttle on second roll before it got real bad and drive off. I think some people would’ve been a bowling ball had that happened.
Bhahahha!!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Same here with my Lesser Excursions road warrior as @JTW calls it. Wait, weren't we wondering where they were? Oh ya top o sand mines inspecting the undersides. :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!