Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Currently my friends PowerStroke is down and he was planning to go camping with us next weekend. He’s got front end issues (didn’t know ford ever needed front ends fixed lol) but got most of that handled this weekend, however the big one now is his dash cluster took a s*** and is common issue so can’t find used so sent it in to one of the eBay fix shops. He has no charging, lights,heater radio and a few other things. Hoping to get that back by next Friday.
If not ready I mentioned he can drive my old Cummins because we will be taking the camper van. I also mentioned it doesn’t need electronics to drive and would be ready To work if he needed;)
Water injection into the gem module through a windshield leak was a pretty common problem. Usually had a green residue on the gem module, might also have a white residue evident.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Water injection into the gem module through a windshield leak was a pretty common problem. Usually had a green residue on the gem module, might also have a white residue evident.
Was making light of it but actually sucks. It’s a good friend of mine that comes up with us a lot. There’s a possibility now he can’t make it in the first weekend back at it.
Thanks for the info I’ll pass it on. May help in the future

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Was making light of it but actually sucks. It’s a good friend of mine that comes up with us a lot. There’s a possibility now he can’t make it in the first weekend back at it.
Thanks for the info I’ll pass it on. May help in the future
He needs an EB!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
He needs an EB!
Ya well you know the guy. He’s just doing bare minimum. When it dies he’s going the 12 valve direction. Cheaper then most repairs on that anyways.

Reactions: Tigermark
J

JTW

When you pull the same weight to Moab with your eb and get better mileage let me know. I never said anything about a gas engine being better than a Cummins. You are now in a diesel thread talking about a gas burner. Ironic huh?
And you think talking gas trucks on your diesel thread isn’t by design? I’m not surprised!!

Reactions: Neohio and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not a bad way to go... with the vehicles that come they your shop, how old on average before parts start getting more expensive and harder to come by?
It really differs actually. More common something is the easier to a degree. Most of our stuff is newer. The worst period right now is Ford. Not so much the trucks but all the other stuff, think it’s because they are slowing production but things are back ordered for months. But that’s body parts and radiator/condenser type stuff.
Mechanical is around as long as a vehicle is popular. The more on the road the easier to get. Uncommon cars or cars that lose resale quickly go by the wayside with parts fast.

advertisement
J

JTW

It really differs actually. More common something is the easier to a degree. Most of our stuff is newer. The worst period right now is Ford. Not so much the trucks but all the other stuff, think it’s because they are slowing production but things are back ordered for months. But that’s body parts and radiator/condenser type stuff.
Mechanical is around as long as a vehicle is popular. The more on the road the easier to get. Uncommon cars or cars that lose resale quickly go by the wayside with parts fast.
I can see that.. Fords are prolly hard to get parts because they don’t need them. :)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I can see that.. Fords are prolly hard to get parts because they don’t need them. :)
Lol. No they are ramping down on building cars. For some reason I think that’s effecting the whole line. I f***ing cringe when I call in a big order, always waiting to hear that “backordered till...” sucks bad and customers don’t take it well, insurance companies don’t like paying for the rentals that long.
The local Dodge dealers are impossible to get the right parts. Always wrong but that’s the dealer. The only one out of the big three I don’t mind parts for is Chevy. They are the best at getting the right stuff on time.
Toyota Honda are great. Most jap are good. I love Hyundai/Kia but the parts are tough especially Korean models. European cars can lick my ass hole for parts. Especially bmw! The vin means nothing to them as far as parts go and you get 2-3 parts from various trim packages before the right one comes in. So piss poor. Customers absolutely get pissed sometimes but there’s nothing you can do.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Why no ridgeline? They are a Honda Pilot with a bed,too small,only offer a v-6, unibody and front wheel drive or all wheel drive only. Kinda like a car with a truck bed, elcamino/rancheroish but weaker and smaller. Figured I would post why no ridgeline on this thread so as not to offend the Ford people.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Why no ridgeline? They are a Honda Pilot with a bed,too small,only offer a v-6, unibody and front wheel drive or all wheel drive only. Kinda like a car with a truck bed, elcamino/rancheroish but weaker and smaller. Figured I would post why no ridgeline on this thread so as not to offend the Ford people.
HA! Kinda like Ford came out with the uni body pickup trucks in the 60"s

Reactions: Mopower58
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Idk would you load a bunch of weight or a trailer full of anything behind a front wheel drive

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!