ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think there was an agreement between Ford and Cummins not to put a Cummins in a 5500 series truck and below. I had several Cummins powered Ram 5500 customers that ran a repo truck or a boom/commercial tool box truck.

Seems like Cummins would want to sell as many engines as possible. I guess Dodge was worried they would lose truck sales to Ford....

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Why does Dodge? I mean just make their own motor....
Why should they? The Cummins has never ever had the problems of the 6.0 built and designed by Ford and navistar together. Then Ford sued navistar because of failure rates. Why didn't Ford design their own 10speed automatic instead of codesigning it with GM?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why should they? The Cummins has never ever had the problems of the 6.0 built and designed by Ford and navistar together. Then Ford sued navistar because of failure rates. Why didn't Ford design their own 10speed automatic instead of codesigning it with GM?

I have said I’d choose a 2500/3500 Ram if I were looking for that. The 3500SRW Ram would be my choice if I were buying a 350/3500 truck. Guess you missed that.

To clear things up for you I was saying Ford would want the Cummins, but I was implying the Ford is a better place to put it, and Dodge knew they wouldn’t have a monopoly on the Cummins if Cummins allowed another manufacturer to use the motor. A Ford + Cummins following would be hard to beat in the truck market.

I’d drive almost any brand as long as it met my needs. I really just hate Chevy, with good reason, in case you missed that too. It’s fun to give each other grief. You’re blind hatred of anything non-Mopar is inane and sucks the fun out of every thread you post it on. At least I can acknowledge hating Chevy so much.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am not blind to what Ford offers, I experienced the real Ford, especially trucks, by actually fixing their problems for many years.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You never said why Ford went together with GM to build a ten speed auto. Oh and welcome to the Cummins thread. How many chevies did you own that gave you your hate for them? I EXPERIENCED ford's shortcomings and problems for many many years so I feel like I am as qualified as anyone to talk about them, some folks are just Ford fans.

Last edited:
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You’re blind hatred of anything non-Mopar is inane and sucks the fun out of every thread you post it on.
And yet here you are in a Cummins thread! Lol.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You never said why Ford went together with GM to build a ten speed auto. Oh and welcome to the Cummins thread. How many chevies did you own that gave you your hate for them? I EXPERIENCED ford's shortcomings and problems for many many years so I feel like I am as qualified as anyone to talk about them, some folks are just Ford fans.
I don't get what you are trying to say?
HA!

Reactions: Mopower58
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Don’t need to don’t care.

3 trucks, main problem with Chevy is they won’t fix the problems and they treat owners like crap on the bottom of a shoe. Honda has problems but they’ve been pretty good about fixing them. My Acura has a problem and they fixed it and gave me the newest fanciest vehicle on the lot while they did. Ford has had a couple of recalls on the vehicles we have in the driveway but they’ve fixed them right up and treated us like they wanted us to buy another. Chevy takes forever and there’s 1000 of them like Polaris, and they gave me a Chevy Spark for only 2 days then I had to rent a truck for a RECALL.

And yet here you are in a Cummins thread! Lol.

I said it’s fun to give people grief.
You don’t read very well, or you forget very quickly.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Don’t need to don’t care.

3 trucks, main problem with Chevy is they won’t fix the problems and they treat owners like crap on the bottom of a shoe. Honda has problems but they’ve been pretty good about fixing them. My Acura has a problem and they fixed it and gave me the newest fanciest vehicle on the lot while they did. Ford has had a couple of recalls on the vehicles we have in the driveway but they’ve fixed them right up and treated us like they wanted us to buy another. Chevy takes forever and there’s 1000 of them like Polaris, and they gave me a Chevy Spark for only 2 days then I had to rent a truck for a RECALL.

I said it’s fun to give people grief.
You don’t read very well, or you forget very quickly.
You had me feeling bad for you as soon as you said you had to drive a Chevy Spark. f*** me running! Nothing Ford or Dodge builds has a clue on how to be that big a piece of s***.
Bhahahaha that was the last dick in your butt that caused hatred for Chevy!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!