Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will admit that I miss the 2005 2500 Mega Cab 5.9 CTD 4x4 manual truck I used to have. It was the last manual truck I owned. Too bad the body and sub components around the tranny and motor was a total drain on my pocket book in broken parts or rusty panels.

In 2017 when I purchased my current F350 I seriously looked at ordering a Ram with a manual. Unfortunately it meant buying a truck very derated to keep the same G56 from exploding. Essentially I would be buying a new 12 year old truck.

If Ram offered an updated manual transmission to handle the same hp /tq values on the auto, I’d be first in line and be willing to lay down a bit more coin.

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I will admit that I miss the 2005 2500 Mega Cab 5.9 CTD 4x4 manual truck I used to have. It was the last manual truck I owned. Too bad the body and sub components around the tranny and motor was a total drain on my pocket book in broken parts or rusty panels.

In 2017 when I purchased my current F350 I seriously looked at ordering a Ram with a manual. Unfortunately it meant buying a truck very derated to keep the same G56 from exploding. Essentially I would be buying a new 12 year old truck.

If Ram offered an updated manual transmission to handle the same hp /tq values on the auto, I’d be first in line and be willing to lay down a bit more coin.
The autos are detuned at takeoff and certain points to save the trans. With the slip of an auto you don’t get the same power to the ground anyways. Even with the detuned manual you get more power to the ground when it matters.

Reactions: Mopower58
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The autos are detuned at takeoff and certain points to save the trans. With the slip of an auto you don’t get the same power to the ground anyways. Even with the detuned manual you get more power to the ground when it matters.

I don’t disagree a bit.

I’m of the belief that the scenarios in which the ecm and tcm actually allow full power are almost impossible in real world scenarios.

Just disappointed that the R+D dollars have not been applied to HD pickup manual trannys....even in a special order capacity.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's called torque management. All pickup manufacturers are getting away from standard transmissions

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!