Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nope... I’ll take that over a hole in the bedside any day!
Like this one? Bumper didn’t get a hole in it, must be steel for protection.
F038E92A 9B96 436F 8AC9 9C60433D2DCD

Reactions: Mopower58
J

JTW

Like this one? Bumper didn’t get a hole in it, must be steel for protection.
View attachment 123594
Who cares? That’s what the body man is for.. if you back into something and rip a hole in it or dent it, rather it’s aluminum or steel, it has to be fixed. There are far more vehicles out there prematurely rusting from the backside out.

Here’s a fine example.. newer model ram I noticed the other day in town while I was getting fuel. Look at that rear fender well. That’s ridiculous!
E7436A14 94D9 4395 B3C9 607AC1C0B89D
91630EE5 6212 4C5F A5B4 8C05F9A095AD

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Who cares? That’s what the body man is for.. if you back into something and rip a hole in it or dent it, rather it’s aluminum or steel, it has to be fixed. There are far more vehicles out there prematurely rusting from the backside out.

Here’s a fine example.. newer model ram I noticed the other day in town while I was getting fuel. Look at that rear fender well. That’s ridiculous! View attachment 123595View attachment 123596
I get your point but I am telling you we see as many problems on newer vehicles with aluminum as we do steel. For the most part if you wash your vehicle somewhat regularly especially with car wash undercarriage wash you. Won’t see the problems with newer steel. It’s the mud/dirt that gets caked up and holds moisture and road salt.
The problems we’ve seen with aluminum are actually different, somehow it bubbles under the paint with no sign of chip or anything. We do have an 01,a 98 and a 93 Dodge in the driveway with a million miles between all and there’s no rust on those. And I’ve never bought with rust, it’s not tough to find, although yes I do admit I’ve seen rust but that’s Toyota Dodge Nissan Ford Chevy. It’s important to WASH your vehicle occasionally especially wheel wells, yes we have road salt here too.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I get your point but I am telling you we see as many problems on newer vehicles with aluminum as we do steel. For the most part if you wash your vehicle somewhat regularly especially with car wash undercarriage wash you. Won’t see the problems with newer steel. It’s the mud/dirt that gets caked up and holds moisture and road salt.
The problems we’ve seen with aluminum are actually different, somehow it bubbles under the paint with no sign of chip or anything. We do have an 01,a 98 and a 93 Dodge in the driveway with a million miles between all and there’s no rust on those. And I’ve never bought with rust, it’s not tough to find, although yes I do admit I’ve seen rust but that’s Toyota Dodge Nissan Ford Chevy. It’s important to WASH your vehicle occasionally especially wheel wells, yes we have road salt here too.
My 07 ram started bubbling in the rear wheel wells and there was no way to wash it out. The way the bedside was put together there was no way to get in there yet was still open for collection of dirt and debris.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What size is that trailer? I’ve considered a goose neck.
38 foot from ball to rear. Weighed about 9,000 lbs empty. We added 6 inches of extra height.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The box was 30' and had an 8' gooseneck. We did not add the 6 inches of height but the folks in Georgia that built it.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My experience is Dodge as a whole is a garbage company. I bought an older low mileage Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 6 months into ownership it lost a cylinder there's a recall the head has faulty valves and must be replaced. I called my local Dodge dealer to schedule fixing my Jeep to get a loaner to drive they offered to rent me a vehicle to fix a problem with their product. This is straight from the service departments mouth "Dodge doesn't require us to provide loaner cars so we don't" but you can rent a car for 3 days while we replace the head. I called every Dodge dealer from Jacksonville Florida to West Palm beach and was given the same line we aren't required so we don't provide courtesy vehicles.

I went and bought a spare car to drive while my Jeeps recall was being fixed so I could go to work. When my BMW was being serviced I got a loaner X3, when my Veloster had a problem I was given a vehicle, when my silverado had an issue I had a loaner, when my wifes Kia had a recall we were given a loaner. I had to drive my jeep on 5 cylinders for 2 months until I could put it in the shop I'll be damned if I rent a car from the manufacturer while my car is in for a recall. If the problem with the Jeep was operator error I would have gritted my teeth and rented a vehicle.

Reactions: Mopower58 and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!