Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sweet. I'm sure those things are nice. Compared to factory its like an "off-road" cloud. if there is a such thing.
Can you report on their noise level if any?

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got ya.. like the idea.. but I'm on hold until you all come to a general consensus on setup.
It's better! He mentioned it to me and been very happy. I think because it moves the top of the shock out I puts less fulcrum on the shock so it's stiffer resulting in less body roll. At any rate seems to help

J

JTW

It's better! He mentioned it to me and been very happy. I think because it moves the top of the shock out I puts less fulcrum on the shock so it's stiffer resulting in less body roll. At any rate seems to help
Better sideways on a hill? I would think going up with would make it less stable?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Better sideways on a hill? I would think going up with would make it less stable?

You'd think and so did I. It seems just fine. I was worried about a body lift and ultimately that's why I chopped mine. Now mine went on after I lowered it so I'm comparing a lowered roof before and after the lift but should be no difference in results. Even if someone doesn't need the lift I'd still recommend it and the front shocks are better with it. At least till speed goes up and you overdrive that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You'd think and so did I. It seems just fine. I was worried about a body lift and ultimately that's why I chopped mine. Now mine went on after I lowered it so I'm comparing a lowered roof before and after the lift but should be no difference in results. Even if someone doesn't need the lift I'd still recommend it and the front shocks are better with it. At least till speed goes up and you overdrive that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never could "over drive" the Elkas yesterday!

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
went back around and tightened all the lug nuts today. if you use the 137mm bolt pattern wheels, then this is important. two of my wheels needed tightening. one of them needed more than I thought it should. I think once the holes get wollered out on the new wheels, this won't be a problem, but seems important for the first mounting.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The stiffening I mentioned is literally stiffening. Those brackets are thick. They work the same way strut tower braces do on a car. That frame will flex some, especially in the rear if you have a sway bar.

advertisement