Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
absolutely... doesn't drive the same at all either. PEDs (Performance Enhancing Devices) are very effective... hopefully they don't get banned!

We've voted Trump to office not Hillary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
absolutely... doesn't drive the same at all either. PEDs (Performance Enhancing Devices) are very effective... hopefully they don't get banned!

Do you think you could run smaller 30's with that setup? I'm thinking something like kanati mongrels, not larger 30's like Joeys. Just wondering if you think they would clear with the setup you're running.

Reactions: Windrock1000
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you think you could run smaller 30's with that setup? I'm thinking something like kanati mongrels, not larger 30's like Joeys. Just wondering if you think they would clear with the setup you're running.
I doubt it... larger 28s rub some on a few guys rigs... my smaller 28s still rub a smidge, but not enough to worry about.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I doubt it... larger 28s rub some on a few guys rigs... my smaller 28s still rub a smidge, but not enough to worry about.
drivers side kisses the mud buster fender flare, but no real fender rubbing.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
advertisement
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So a lift will be necessary for running the carnivores?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So a lift will be necessary for running the carnivores?
I was rushed with my initial response, so I'll try to explain this set up and what I've learned from others. From what I can tell, none of the 28" tires require a lift kit. Vertical clearance is not a problem to run 28s. The larger 28s (Roctanes) may rub on the rear of the fender well, forward a-arms would be the solution for this. Same with most 30s, I believe... if you have forward arms, you can run them with no lift. You may need to do the rear arms too for 30" tires. I'm not 100% sure that you'd need a lift to run 30s, may be able to run them with just the a-arm replacements (again, not 100% sure on the 30s).
With the Carnivores that measure 27.5" like mine, you won't need forward arms or a lift kit.
I'm most likely going to remove the highlifter kit from my ride and bring it to the Takeover for barter. I want to keep my CG as low as possible, and removing the lift kit will give me back some travel and soften the ride even more.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was rushed with my initial response, so I'll try to explain this set up and what I've learned from others. From what I can tell, none of the 28" tires require a lift kit. Vertical clearance is not a problem to run 28s. The larger 28s (Roctanes) may rub on the rear of the fender well, forward a-arms would be the solution for this. Same with most 30s, I believe... if you have forward arms, you can run them with no lift. You may need to do the rear arms too for 30" tires. I'm not 100% sure that you'd need a lift to run 30s, may be able to run them with just the a-arm replacements (again, not 100% sure on the 30s).
With the Carnivores that measure 27.5" like mine, you won't need forward arms or a lift kit.
I'm most likely going to remove the highlifter kit from my ride and bring it to the Takeover for barter. I want to keep my CG as low as possible, and removing the lift kit will give me back some travel and soften the ride even more.
Thanks for clarifying.. I haven't decided whether to go with spring spacers for pre load or a lift yet to stiffen the suspension. Not really concerned about clearance. Just want to firm it up a bit. So I figured if I had to have it for tires just kill two birds with one stone.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for clarifying.. I haven't decided whether to go with spring spacers for pre load or a lift yet to stiffen the suspension. Not really concerned about clearance. Just want to firm it up a bit. So I figured if I had to have it for tires just kill two birds with one stone.

I had both and did prefer the highlifer. Just seems more stable. Delton had mentioned that and it feels good to me but everyone is different for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement