P1000 The Making Of Pete

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for clarifying.. I haven't decided whether to go with spring spacers for pre load or a lift yet to stiffen the suspension. Not really concerned about clearance. Just want to firm it up a bit. So I figured if I had to have it for tires just kill two birds with one stone.
just get you some real shocks... problem solved!lol

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just get you some real shocks... problem solved!lol
I would offer for him to come and pick some off my money tree, but I already picked that thing clean at Christmas time!lol
Let that tree grow back out a bit and I'll do a shock upgrade:D Until then I can watch y'all and dream;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I would offer for him to come and pick some off my money tree, but I already picked that thing clean at Christmas time!lol

I know how nice they'll be but it would be a nice motivational speech for myself to ride one of these for about 30 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for clarifying.. I haven't decided whether to go with spring spacers for pre load or a lift yet to stiffen the suspension. Not really concerned about clearance. Just want to firm it up a bit. So I figured if I had to have it for tires just kill two birds with one stone.
For a stiffer ride, hard to beat the HL for 200 bucks imo

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's about twice what I paid for mine. They do give you one more led per corner. Mine lets you adjust the flash rate (not that it matters much). Just my .02
does your allow you to use the factory tail lights for the rear blinker? where did you get it?

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
does your allow you to use the factory tail lights for the rear blinker? where did you get it?
No I'd have to buy a converter to do that. Does this one? If so, I missed it. I'll look for the kit. It's on eBay for 49.99. I'm gonna get that converter cause those LEDs are way too tiny. They are bright but too small. I'll look for a link and post.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I'd have to buy a converter to do that. Does this one? If so, I missed it. I'll look for the kit. It's on eBay for 49.99. I'm gonna get that converter cause those LEDs are way too tiny. They are bright but too small. I'll look for a link and post.
Yeah, there is a video of it at the bottom of the page. Looks just like a car from the rear.
Don't worry about the link, I'll probably give these guys a try anyway since they seem to have everything figured out for the Honda.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, there is a video of it at the bottom of the page. Looks just like a car from the rear.
Don't worry about the link, I'll probably give these guys a try anyway since they seem to have everything figured out for the Honda.
That's probably a good deal then. Those converters run around 50 bucks so the price is comparable

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You going street legal?
Yes, I do a fair amount of road riding here in the valley. The new law in TN takes effect tomorrow January 1, 2017. SxS weren't technically legal before because they were capable of exceeding 35mph (even though some places were issuing tags anyway). The new law defines Class I and Class II OHVs, and requires that tags be issued provided they meet certain requirements. All I'm lacking is turn signals.

Reactions: sharp
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
removed the lift kit today and added 1" wheel spacers in the rear... looks like a reduction in ground clearance from 15" down to 12.5 or 13". I haven't been off road yet, but it definitely feels more plush without the lift kit. I'm going for a ride at AMA tomorrow if anyone wants to join. I'll get some pics and report back on performance after the ride.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
removed the lift kit today and added 1" wheel spacers in the rear... looks like a reduction in ground clearance from 15" down to 12.5 or 13". I haven't been off road yet, but it definitely feels more plush without the lift kit. I'm going for a ride at AMA tomorrow if anyone wants to join. I'll get some pics and report back on performance after the ride.

At least you can crank up the preload and take it back up to 14" which is stock.

Let's ride Wednesday not tomorrow!!

advertisement