P1000 The Making Of Pete

PioneerPete submitted a new Garage Item:

The Making of Pete

View attachment 8943 View attachment 8944 View attachment 8945 View attachment 8946 View attachment 8948
Trying to document Pete's transformation. So far he has a hard roof, popout windshield, warn winch, brushguard, rear fender flares, and pyle 500w tube. Almost forgot the control arm guards. Second battery, isolator, pdm, light bar, and cubes to come next weekend. Damyou @JACKAL !! LOL

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Keep the lift and move the batteries down
come on man, you know that's not the same thing... the lift kit is adding directly to the length of the lever arm, but moving the batteries is more in the category of diminishing returns bc it gets averaged with all the other weight... moving the battery doesn't even come close to offsetting the lengthening of the 13" lever arm to 15"... that's an increase of ~15% to a directly proportional variable right there brotha!lol

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just put the fronts on - rears on order.
Wrote something here. P1000 - Elka shocks
I would have started my own build thread if I thought it would come to this but when I started i figured - who would want to read my build if all im gonna do is add a light bar - lol.

Serious though - after the HL kit, i'm done with mods for sure. Probably. Maybe.
that's funny right thar, I don't care who ye are!lol

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
come on man, you know that's not the same thing... the lift kit is adding directly to the length of the lever arm, but moving the batteries is more in the category of diminishing returns bc it gets averaged with all the other weight... moving the battery doesn't even come close to offsetting the lengthening of the 13" lever arm to 15"... that's an increase of ~15% to a directly proportional variable right there brotha!lol

Just don't break out the calculus on me. I might have to pull out that old HP calculator from college. Alright you have forced me to break out and design active suspension for a SXS. Then you could dial up -3 to +3 inches of of lowering or lift front or rear.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Move the beer too!

advertisement
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trail Amor skids? and did you use same sized tires front and back with no rubbing in front? Nice ride! And how'ed you set your adjustments on compression slow and high?
@Smitty335 it is a trail armor skid. and yes, same size tires on front and back... very minimal rubbing on the mudbuster fender flares.
They're currently set at -10 on high speed damping and -14 on low speed... I'm still experimenting to see what works best for me.

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Smitty335 it is a trail armor skid. and yes, same size tires on front and back... very minimal rubbing on the mudbuster fender flares.
They're currently set at -10 on high speed damping and -14 on low speed... I'm still experimenting to see what works best for me.
Are you running different setting front/rear and what kind of terrain do you ride, rocks, sand whoops?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Are you running different setting front/rear and what kind of terrain do you ride, rocks, sand whoops?
Seems like you would like more low dampening in the front than the back in slow and reverse in high.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems like you would like more low dampening in the front than the back in slow and reverse in high.
I'll probably soften the high speed damping in the front a little more next and see how that feels.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'll probably soften the high speed damping in the front a little more next and see how that feels.
Never rode sand whoops, I've been told the set up is very different from rocks. Did race a enduro at Draper Air Force Base that was mostly sand and it was very different.

Reactions: PioneerPete
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!