P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Got some more speaker housings today. Really working hard to drop upper cage weight but finding it tough for speaker placement. Pulling down our 2 upper Jeep 6 speaker bars seriously drops weight but kills off great placement. Not ready to get rid of our 4-6.5 Infinity’s but the 8 tweeters can easily find lower placement.
Ordered the SSV Works floor mount enclosures but they just sucked up too much space on the footrest I so like so they went back.
As we all know options are minimal in the 1000. Back doors can accept 6.5 low down but loose a lot of quality muffled by passengers and will loose everything with rear seats down. Placement behind rear seats is crap and front of box restricts seat or bed use.
View attachment 91411
So...s*** back up top. We never take roof off because it’s important to rub trees even hot out so these will be perm mount to the roof in optimum placement. These pods are as light and small as I could find for a real sized speaker. It’s a pretty good weight saver and still much lighter then aluminum all in one bar. We run a big Boss bar in the Yami but upper weight isn’t a concern in that. Pissed I’m back up top with weight but it did drop a little and sound quality is still premium. Will use insulation in the housings to increase quality due to the small housings but these do have more room then prior.
Where did you get those?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Where did you get those?
eBay. It was 118 for 4 so I thought that a bit much but they are very lightweight and look like they’ll take some abuse.
I will be pulling out the Infinity head unit (going into the camper van) and replacing it with this (sticking with all Infinity) since I don’t need a powered head unit due to having amps.Still simple to use for family and will be mounted more directly in front of driver
60BAD1F7 CC15 4A98 A858 48AC3CE54984

That opens up the center section for an iPad mini in a Pelican case. Fits awesome. I want maps/tunes and ability to commute from a permanent spot. Don’t want this mounted up high or on a swivel, need it to be more solid.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Where did you get those?
From Pecker Woods heavy as hell, he's going to be flowing more
eBay. It was 118 for 4 so I thought that a bit much but they are very lightweight and look like they’ll take some abuse.
I will be pulling out the Infinity head unit (going into the camper van) and replacing it with this (sticking with all Infinity) since I don’t need a powered head unit due to having amps. View attachment 91412

That opens up the center section for an iPad mini in a Pelican case. Fits awesome. I want maps/tunes and ability to commute from a permanent spot. Don’t want this mounted up high or on a swivel, need it to be more solid.
Heavy hats = flop! HA! Just for the record! I have enough issues without adding weight to the roof!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
From Pecker Woods heavy as hell, he's going to be flowing more

Heavy hats = flop! HA! Just for the record!
Yep. She’s loosing weight anywhere possible and will be much lighter then Puddle Jumper.

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sweet can't wait see it all !! I still have center dash and was thinking about like 8" tab there could use some idea's
I will be pulling out the Infinity head unit (going into the camper van) and replacing it with this (sticking with all Infinity) since I don’t need a powered head unit due to having amps.Still simple to use for family and will be mounted more directly in front of driver View attachment 91412

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sweet can't wait see it all !! I still have center dash and was thinking about like 8" tab there could use some idea's

So could I:) Nothing is set in stone right yet just gathering items. Do have a pretty good idea of what I want and don’t anymore. We all need a little different setup

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well @joeymt33 the snorkel lasted 2 1/2 years so I suppose that’s not too bad. Thank you so much again for that and also the simple but effective intake through the hood idea. I’ve loved it not only for protection but the bad ass sound and the look.
928CEC27 7614 4303 AD2C 322817373858

The intake tube survived however the snorkel not so much. Clutch finally gets her own but that’s one of the things I wish had survived because a friend had given me that!
Keeping the “Joey Snorkel” as part of the setup, need a new hole in a hood as it was destroyed as well, currently running a red one without, haven’t decided on color yet.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well @joeymt33 the snorkel lasted 2 1/2 years so I suppose that’s not too bad. Thank you so much again for that and also the simple but effective intake through the hood idea. I’ve loved it not only for protection but the bad ass sound and the look.
View attachment 91497
The intake tube survived however the snorkel not so much. Clutch finally gets her own but that’s one of the things I wish had survived because a friend had given me that!
Keeping the “Joey Snorkel” as part of the setup, need a new hole in a hood as it was destroyed as well, currently running a red one without, haven’t decided on color yet.
That’s one of my favorite mods BA! Don’t forget to get u a fancy clamp for that ;)

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I should do something with mine still running factory 16' intake
View attachment 91497

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I should do something with mine still running factory 16' intake

I really thought originally I wouldn’t like the obstruction but it doesn’t bother at all. Love the Indy car sound.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Move it to the side it’s even more out of the way.

View attachment 91519
That’s a good idea, I probably would’ve went that way originally if looking at the two. Doesn’t bother me at all where it’s at and is a tribute to our original Pioneer anyways. It’s in your face, I still love it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
4 years ago today. Makes one think. Get kinda choked up sometimes when the the phone pops up with one of these dates in time.
DACC2C1B F3B4 4646 897A D59D4578064D

My oldest helping my daughter first time on scope. She’s a good shot.
662DD48E 4F86 4B35 AD85 18DA139CCB46

Our favorite cabin in the woods
E0F7D5BA 5383 46A6 9CE3 8E4D45EB35F9

My beast on top of the world
C3AC4D93 EBFF 4D92 A53F B8BD87100A84

All my kids riding Red.

Lots of good memories, no regrets with things just wish there was more time. Not getting any younger, there’s still so much to do and room to improve on what’s been done. I appreciate all those great people in my life that have made things better including many on this site. Going to work hard to have a better year coming up, life is too short to half ass.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Talon showed up today, just gotta assemble.
Lol.
First box for the Pioneer to ever show up on a freight truck. Even a Honda crate:) Fork lift would’ve been nice! All the new OEM Honda parts are finally here.
78AB9ED3 0388 4AB2 A2BD 891D4BDDB8CB

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if Honda will ever make Blimps? It could be like “ Try the New Honda” “ Blimp in a Box” they’d probably sell millions....everybody be flying!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just caught up on the carnage and the fixing and goodies to come. Glad to hear you walked away from that.

Add me to the list of envy bystanders watching as well.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!