P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh for crying out loud @CumminsPusher. Just go ahead and do it.
What's the worst things that she can say?

Oh never mind. This is a family friendly site!!!!!

;)
I want her to be happy as it is the family’s rig as much as mine and she’s a decision maker too. But also we’re on a countdown till we add another Sxs and the more she’s happy with this one and the Wolverine the easier it will be for me to do what’s necessary on our sport model:rolleyes:
It’s great to have family involved in the sport but it also requires much more work. Make sure the family has what they need then it’s Daddy’s turn. I sold my personal bike to add another machine for the family, it’s almost time to come back around.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Took a bit to get her back into the house but it’s tie to clean back up the broken crap once again.
Hood on. The wife is working late but she’lol be looking lol. Decided on pulling the front fender decal because it was too busy. It’s a lot but going to like it. Still miss the white fenders of PuddleJumper but wanted this different and I trust red.
C2146B40 7810 411C 9FDC 1D8D158EEA73

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Took a bit to get her back into the house but it’s tie to clean back up the broken crap once again.
Hood on. The wife is working late but she’lol be looking lol. Decided on pulling the front fender decal because it was too busy. It’s a lot but going to like it. Still miss the white fenders of PuddleJumper but wanted this different and I trust red.
View attachment 99272
Looks good!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As per my wife we would up with a tire track this time to but didn’t want it quite as generic. Wanted something more factory looking and tied into the rest of the graphics.
Was really tough to get something we wanted. Dug through lots of treads,placement of the Pioneer logo,direction and size.
In the end still wanted it diagonal but more following the lines of the fenders since they are now red, as well as offset the @joeymt33 snorkle. Asked for some help amongst friends on some of that so thank you! Also decided for Pioneer needed to be part of the tread and the 1000-5 to offset so it was more obvious.
Again thanks so much to Walter for his patience! We both did lots of drawings and he super imposed the impression lots of times.
View attachment 99247
View attachment 99248
I like that you added pioneer to it and it matches my truck tires

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If you'd stop tearing s*** off you wouldn't need more stickers....

Seems very logical in theory...
Ah hell who would I be kidding, there’s just something satisfying about taking a machine where you shouldn’t and coming out the other side.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Show me some pics of the front fenders?
Ya I know what you’re getting at. The new ones didn’t make it 1 day lmao. That’s why we can’t run MudBusters cubes or wide wheels and why I b****ed about the width of the Talon.

0CCACC19 7E4D 4075 B5E2 A2F0D02578CE 4C405C97 8578 4F95 BC65 E2A832AF8A18 AA471C6E 4859 49B9 B3CA 6E6279BBF99E C24838F3 9BA6 4F55 BA13 FA27936D27A2 B64C11F1 9580 4408 B661 DBAED72F323C

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I like that you added pioneer to it and it matches my truck tires

We were bummed. Tried hard but surprisingly there aren’t many that resemble aggressive Sxs tires just truck.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
With your fabrication skills, don't you think that you should come up with some side bumpers?
That’s the problem and unfortunately not so easy to solve. Say you add an inch bar to both sides for protection, well now you’re 3 inches wider including 1/2 spacing on both sides. Then there’s the issue that you need to do that across the sides evenly. Anything that sticks out gets caught on or ripped off.
3 inches greatly reduces your pathways through. I think most people are use to trails, our fun a lot of the time is making them or running a single track, 3 inches is a killer!
The design of the pioneer is really about the best out there because if you can wiggle the front end into something you throttle up and the rest of the machine will eventually get through without breaking the important stuff. 700 was like that too. The wheels don’t stick out and everything is smooth sided.
The Wolverine being skinny in the nose but same as pioneer in the back becomes a problem unless directly following the pioneer. The tree kickers and narrow roof give it hell sometimes.
2F74C56C 5E17 4920 B450 8CB8D8FF3D19

Most people don’t understand but sometimes we like doing our own thing, I like being where a 1000 Sxs’s haven’t previously been, it’s much more rewarding and simple things like added nerf bars or tree kickers don’t work out so well, when we’re riding with people that have them we try to take easier paths.
That’s why I was hoping for 60” Talon, because of the roof design it’s already at a disadvantage, then you have tires sticking out past the body. Now add width and we will really have to choose lighter stuff, Yami yxz is same way though. Width is a killer when not on regular Jeep trails.

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That’s the problem and unfortunately not so easy to solve. Say you add an inch bar to both sides for protection, well now you’re 3 inches wider including 1/2 spacing on both sides. Then there’s the issue that you need to do that across the sides evenly. Anything that sticks out gets caught on or ripped off.
3 inches greatly reduces your pathways through. I think most people are use to trails, our fun a lot of the time is making them or running a single track, 3 inches is a killer!
The design of the pioneer is really about the best out there because if you can wiggle the front end into something you throttle up and the rest of the machine will eventually get through without breaking the important stuff. 700 was like that too. The wheels don’t stick out and everything is smooth sided.
The Wolverine being skinny in the nose but same as pioneer in the back becomes a problem unless directly following the pioneer. The tree kickers and narrow roof give it hell sometimes.
View attachment 99335
Most people don’t understand but sometimes we like doing our own thing, I like being where a 1000 Sxs’s haven’t previously been, it’s much more rewarding and simple things like added nerf bars or tree kickers don’t work out so well, when we’re riding with people that have them we try to take easier paths.
That’s why I was hoping for 60” Talon, because of the roof design it’s already at a disadvantage, then you have tires sticking out past the body. Now add width and we will really have to choose lighter stuff, Yami yxz is same way though. Width is a killer when not on regular Jeep trails.

I guess that the only option when you come to a narrow spot is to …...

go faster!!!!!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 99335
Seems like everything in life needs to be just a little bit bigger or little bit smaller no matter the situation....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Seems like everything in life needs to be just a little bit bigger or little bit smaller no matter the situation....

There’s some truth to that. Hard to find the perfect balance sometimes.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I’ve got sone fixin to do on the old girl before we head back out, but shortly when we do we’ll be ready for the mud and snow. Always loved Bighorns in snow the best and I’m hoping the heavier ply rating on these still allow for good cleanout.
Bumping up to 29” with these Bighorn copies. By copy they are exact on tread pattern but over 1/8 in deeper tread including sidewall traction. These are 6plys and do feel much stiffer on sidewall. For half the money of stockers I think they fit the bill!
Did some side work for @100Acre and he refused to just buy the beer and insisted on getting tires at least. So that worked out well for both of us. Dan they’re perfect we’re going to love them.
Here’s comparison to our factory Bighorns with probably 50+ plugs in em. Big difference. View attachment 89281View attachment 89280 View attachment 89279View attachment 89278
It’ll be first time running oversized tires. Happy with the clutch update so moving forward.
What's the brand name and model on these.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!