P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not excited seeing snow this soon. Like you say the flannel shirt weather is nice. I think everyone enjoys that. This area is true 4 seasons usually, I hope it doesn’t skip that 3rd one this year.
Parts of Montana are under a blizzard warning, not far from you. But looks a little south.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Parts of Montana are under a blizzard warning, not far from you. But looks a little south.
St. Marie’s is under heavy snow warning starting tonight when I get off work till we plan on heading home:eek:
Xmas Hills right there is 800 ft higher and snow belt so I expect we will see something. Bringing extra goods in case we get snowed in, hell i could use some unexpected vacation lmao

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV

I am late catching up on this thread but thought I'd add my two cents anyway.

The trailer fold out is best to be used in mild climate's when it gets into the 80 degree range or higher the sleepers in the fold out are sweating and the ones in the trailer are bundled up like Eskimos,
over all it would be a neat feature.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Where can I find info on this plate? And what happens to the skid plate?
Skid plate is the only downside. My main slips up under the back of it just fine however the front maybe an issue.
There is a rectangular hole in it but it would sandwich and hold in tightly a thinner piece (figured on using small piece of factory skid) between the factory frame and itself so that is my plan.
There is possibility skid could go over but I’m not positive.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF and Tigermark
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Skid plate is the only downside. My main slips up under the back of it just fine however the front maybe an issue.
There is a rectangular hole in it but it would sandwich and hold in tightly a thinner piece between the factory frame and itself so that is my plan.
What's the brand of the plate?

Reactions: BWAF
B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the feedback on the stiffener.

I need to take a closer look at it. I have a KFI plow mount that I think will interfere with it, but I’m not sure. I might have to choose. I dont use the plow much......

For $100, I think it’s worth a shot.

I’ve got the high lifter front arms too, so my zerks may be an issue.

And I need to get the better/extended brake lines for sure!

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There is a rectangular hole in it but it would sandwich and hold in tightly a thinner piece (figured on using small piece of factory skid) between the factory frame and itself so that is my plan.
Think I'll wait for a field report from you, I don't like the slotted a arm bolt holes and to many bolts holding all this together, looks like another 1/2 baked design by SATV to me, like there non grease able bushings on there A arms and the lower Zerks can't even get a grease gun on, I called them and they said we can sell you a set of bushing for a $ 100.00, pretty much done with SATV! Wish you luck with your set up!

Reactions: BWAF
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Think I'll wait for a field report from you, I don't like the slotted a arm bolt holes and to many bolts holding all this together, looks like another 1/2 baked design by SATV to me, like there non grease able bushings on there A arms and the lower Zerks can't even get a grease gun on, I called them and they said we can sell you a set of bushing for a $ 100.00, pretty much done with SATV! Wish you luck with your set up!
You’d have to install one to have more of an idea to the way it works. But I will be hitting it hard and I’ll definitely report back good or bad
And yes the factory bushings are crap, I’d suggest anyone shoot a pm to @RB3offroad for replacements.

Reactions: Eltobgi and BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And the A arm needs an internal turn buckle so you can adjust without removing the lower A arm! JESS!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And the A arm needs an internal turn buckle so you can adjust without removing the lower A arm! JESS!
I’d probably rather not have another joint to fail. And how is that a problem when you got a resource like this site to get the measurements the first time then forget it?
I adjusted once and then installed, never looked back. My only issue was the s*** bushings. They should come with a premium setup!!!

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Looks good CP. I've been holding off on putting my Superatv arms on till some better bushings were released. Just placed my order with @RB3offroad .can't wait to get them on and figure out what 30's I'm gonna order.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
And how is that a problem when you got a resource like this site to get the measurements the first time then forget it

I'm sure I read it but can't remember, what were the exact measurements to get it right the first time. Seems like I remember @Windrock1000 posting about how to get the camber right??

Edit: hope this makes sense since I'm several rum and cokes deep.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm sure I read it but can't remember, what were the exact measurements to get it right the first time. Seems like I remember @Windrock1000 posting about how to get the camber right??

Edit: hope this makes sense since I'm several rum and cokes deep.
It was @Windrock1000. Can’t say I remember.
I’ll try to catch up with you in the hfawha in 70 minutes!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@bad_bow tie
Ec4b2c66f41a63b08deeace5c9e3c1eb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!