HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I have no grandson. So I don’t know where this is coming from.
Sorry , trying to make lite of a BAD situation . Really unfortunate . One of my friends just sold his 2015 with 19000 trouble free miles on it .

Reactions: Biteme and TripleB
B

Bridgie

Jun 1, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Fred I'm in northern Alberta and we have a lot of areas with no coverage as well. I don't feel comfortable when I get out of line of sight with my truck. Bring on the fanboys to tell us how these machines are bulletproof. Except for the engines, electronics and suspension components ( mounts) breaking.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Biteme
B

Bridgie

Jun 1, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sorry , trying to make lite of a BAD situation . Really unfortunate . One of my friends just sold his 2015 with 19000 trouble free miles on it .
I'm having a hard time with that story.

B

Bridgie

Jun 1, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The mechanics must have to wear life jackets to work.

Reactions: Lburou and Biteme
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have no grandson. I don’t know where that’s coming from. I’m a 65 year old retired guy in northern Ontario (Canada) for you Americans. I’m in the real middle of nowhere, no cell signal, no high speed inet. I need reliable and I don’t have it with two different p500’s. I look after s*** and don’t abuse my toys. I’m frustrated and annoyed as hell.
Where in Ontario? I drove through Beardmore, Hurst and Cochrane in 2018 after Prince Rupert, Yellowknife, Fort Mackay, Flin Flon and Thompson on my way to Sept Iles, the Gaspe' Peninsula, PEI and Nova Scotia.

I zTcMFz9 L

F

Fred-C

Sep 18, 2019
Constance Lake
Ownership

1. 500
Fred I'm in northern Alberta and we have a lot of areas with no coverage as well. I don't feel comfortable when I get out of line of sight with my truck. Bring on the fanboys to tell us how these machines are bulletproof. Except for the engines, electronics and suspension components ( mounts) breaking.

Thx for this. I can’t have a unit I can’t totally rely on, with my wife , and dog, when I might be 20 km+ from the nearest road With probably no cell service. I do have a spot. And then, how far from home. tried to stick with Honda/drive shafts/no belts,....but Ive had sleds (skidoo) for 25 years+ and never been stranded. So now looking at can am defender 800, yammy Viking 700 and kawI 800 mule.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
You’re right. That’s my plan. Down to yammy Viking (700), can am defender (800), kawi mule (800).
It's beyond unfortunate, maybe Honda doesn't like Canadians 🤷‍♂️

It an extremely rare occurrence for engine trouble, the P500/Foreman 475cc engine has been around a long time and has proven itself to be very reliable for the majority but I can see how something like this can cause a manufacturer to lose a customer for life whether it's their fault, the dealer, the mechanic or whatever. It doesn't matter at this point. I've been in your shoes......I won't even consider a GM (and I used to work for them) or Polaris product, been disappointed too many times. I hope you're able to find a rig that fits your needs and lives up to your expectations, cheers!

F

Fred-C

Sep 18, 2019
Constance Lake
Ownership

1. 500
It's beyond unfortunate, maybe Honda doesn't like Canadians 🤷‍♂️

It an extremely rare occurrence for engine trouble, the P500/Foreman 475cc engine has been around a long time and has proven itself to be very reliable for the majority but I can see how something like this can cause a manufacturer to lose a customer for life whether it's their fault, the dealer, the mechanic or whatever. It doesn't matter at this point. I've been in your shoes......I won't even consider a GM (and I used to work for them) or Polaris product, been disappointed too many times. I hope you're able to find a rig that fits your needs and lives up to your expectations, cheers!
Thx much for this. So disappointed since within our broader family we have owned>20 Honda auto products and all was good.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thx. Looking elsewhere, but didn’t want to have to.
Shoe don't fit, throw it into the burn pile and never look back, but stay in touch would you?

F

Fred-C

Sep 18, 2019
Constance Lake
Ownership

1. 500
Shoe don't fit, throw it into the burn pile and never look back, but stay in touch would you?
You bet. You have more of the approach of my wife who says f&*k em and move on. I still wonder if I’ve done anything wrong, though I know I haven’t. Regular service, quality oil/ diff changes. s***, it’s even been kept pretty clean, after Trips. So bummed out. Plus, it’s really gonna cost me.😱

Reactions: Biteme and DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
You bet. You have more of the approach of my wife who says f&*k em and move on. I still wonder if I’ve done anything wrong, though I know I haven’t. Regular service, quality oil/ diff changes. s***, it’s even been kept pretty clean, after Trips. So bummed out. Plus, it’s really gonna cost me.😱
Why Viking over Wolvy?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Something is really weird in your circumstance it would really bug me why three motors went South? My dirt dog personally would I would have to hold on to it until I figured it out , or just take my loss and keep on walking. Just really weird, we have a lot of P5's around here with a lot of miles on them and no issues with the motors? Thinking cooling/electrical issues?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!