CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thx for this. Oil has been changed regularly using Honda products. Oil was full and had 300 km on it. Clean as new.
I'd be working real hard to get the dealer to be looking at his mechanic but doing it covertly, not out and out calling the mech an idiot.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I'd be working real hard to get the dealer to be looking at his mechanic but doing it covertly, not out and out calling the mech an idiot.
Seems like a Honda Area Rep. should be monitoring the repetitive repairs by now, and if not, request it. This history documented via Customer Service complaint # external to the dealer should support it. This is my career in Nuc. Corrective Action programs talking. LOL

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The owner and I had a chat yesterday, just the two of us. He knows there are issues, but where we are, he doesn’t have much choice with staff.
Turning down work the staff isn’t qualified to do would seem to be a better business decision.

Changing oil and installing accessories is certainly different than valve adjustments not to mention motor/transmission rebuilds.

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
I was the parts and service manage for a Honda dealership in Washington state for 8 years. The service department that I ran was the go to service center for our district service manager whenever he had issues like this If I had an issue like this there was my district service manage, as well as a Honda tech line that I could contact for assistance on manners such as this. Also Honda use to have great schooling that we were required to attend on a regular basis, so if a dealer has unqualified personnel to service your unit that is on him. I would call the Honda customer service line, which should be listed in your owners manual, and take it up with them. The last thing any dealer wants to do is to get into hot water with Honda, and let me tell you Honda does not like shoddy service regardless as to where the dealer is located. My 2 cents worth.

F

Fred-C

Sep 18, 2019
Constance Lake
Ownership

1. 500
I was the parts and service manage for a Honda dealership in Washington state for 8 years. The service department that I ran was the go to service center for our district service manager whenever he had issues like this If I had an issue like this there was my district service manage, as well as a Honda tech line that I could contact for assistance on manners such as this. Also Honda use to have great schooling that we were required to attend on a regular basis, so if a dealer has unqualified personnel to service your unit that is on him. I would call the Honda customer service line, which should be listed in your owners manual, and take it up with them. The last thing any dealer wants to do is to get into hot water with Honda, and let me tell you Honda does not like shoddy service regardless as to where the dealer is located. My 2 cents worth.
Many thx. I am in discussion with Honda canada.

F

Fred-C

Sep 18, 2019
Constance Lake
Ownership

1. 500
Seems like a Honda Area Rep. should be monitoring the repetitive repairs by now, and if not, request it. This history documented via Customer Service complaint # external to the dealer should support it. This is my career in Nuc. Corrective Action programs talking. LOL
Thx. I will use this info with Honda Canada.

Reactions: Mudder
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I understand there might be a crappie mech there, but that doesn't make sense why the first one blew up then the second one blew up. He didn't work on them unless there doing all your services.

Reactions: Biteme and Mudder
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I understand there might be a crappie mech there, but that doesn't make sense why the first one blew up then the second one blew up. He didn't work on them unless there doing all your services.
The stars weren't in perfect alignment. Been hangin with @100Acre to much! HA!

F

Fred-C

Sep 18, 2019
Constance Lake
Ownership

1. 500
I have been aggressive and religious about complaining to honda Canada.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes they did all the service.
[/Q I've seen alot stupid people do alot of stupid sh** with honda oil filters. A friend of a friend was putting the dct filter in both places how thats possible not sure, but it ran for 2 weeks lmao . Then he was pissed honda wouldn't cover it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!