Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@moparornocar is running the BFGs. I was really impressed at how well they performed after riding with him.
I was pretty impressed with Mopars tires for a truck tire. He never got it stuck, till he let me drive and find some sticky. Lol. They did pretty good though
IMG 1838

You can see the white letters of the BFG here

Last edited:
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What light truck tire you running I need something that will go through mud when it's pouring rain out having to check fences or have a down tree we have a lot of hills that will get slick as crap when it rains but I going from Farm to farm on the road and gravel and in the spring we fish on all the river so you'll spend all day two times a week just running up down asphalt and gravel roads so regular UTV Tires wear out incredibly fast for me what size and style would you recommend
I am running a tire made by Cooper. It is an off brand but has been a great tire for me. I've never had any flats and when I went on the Tennessee ride with MOPAR and the gang I drove 95% of it in turf mode. I did also have 500 lbs in the back. Going over all the rocks and rough terrain they were awesome. I have no complaints.

You will have to go to a 15" rim but I HIGHLY recommend It! It really expands your options. My tires are 235/75 r15
956e8ad17d3f197b3e08a8910801be29243e89a8748bc9d6bfeee2933c7e62aa06127bd9d3a62bdd0e8f5adfbb9902e4

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wiggins

Wiggins

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great thank you guys I will have to do some searching for some 15s and I think that's the way I'm going to go awesome info thanks

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Wiggins

Wiggins

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Cuoutdoors with that size of tire you are having to run the forward a arms aren't you?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Cuoutdoors with that size of tire you are having to run the forward a arms aren't you?

235/75-15 with stock A arms. On occasion they will juuuuuust BARELY rub the back of the wheel well. Not enough to be concerned. Make sure you check the actual diameter of the tire to be sure. I think mine are 28 or 28.5".....

Last edited:
Reactions: Wiggins
advertisement
Wiggins

Wiggins

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Cuoutdoors I can read just can't comprehend must be ADHD kicking in

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I really like those Thunderer tires... I wish they made them in 14’s

They may not have fancy white letters but by god they go damn near anywhere. I've only used my winch twice. Once buried in mud to the rails and the other was last weekend I fell in perpendicular to a 2ft deep rut. Thank goodness there was a fence post close enough to winch to.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Wiggins

Ohana:
Several people are running BFG KO2 and MudTerrain you’ll have to buy a 15” Wheel as they don’t make them in 14” anymore. I can’t speak to traction in mud with a SxS but they work well enough on my truck when I’ve used it in those conditions.

Tram:
@moparornocar is running the BFGs. I was really impressed at how well they performed after riding with him.

Img 1838 png
Here you can see @moparornocar 's tires here in their natural habitat. Looks like BFG Mud terrain T/A
Despite not having on his signature white sunglasses to match his machine, that is in fact @moparornocar

He's running BFG's I swear to god!

And i'm just giving you crap wiggins. :)

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes sir @Cuoutdoors want ask agin

I hope you're not taking it personal. We are kind of a rowdy bunch, and i treat people like I've known them forever. Some of my comments were kind of an inside joke. My bad.

As for the tires, I am a firm believer in the light truck tires. Guys are slowly converting. Many don't want to bite the bullet on buying 15" rims. I think my rims were about $425 total. Considering my tires will outlast several sets of ATV tires I'd say they pay for themselves. That is as long as I don't suffer any major catastrophe's.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!