Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I know, I know - use the search function

But I cannot stand it (and this forum is gonna put me into the poor house ... wait, I already live here) and I gotta have tires! In the words of Steve Earle, I ain't ever satisfied

Pretty much narrowed the search down to Terrabites or Mongrels in 28x10-14 size. Any real world experience with these on trails in the SE US? I am not a deep mud runner but more of a general trail rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am planning terrabites in the same size in a few weeks. We can get car plates on ours in Ohio, so I want something that will last on the roads around here.

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Changed to 28x10-14 Terrabites about 200 miles ago. I can't comment on mud. Our general trails are soft sand, gravel, dirt and pavement. Track straight and true in sand, like to throw rocks like an AT truck tire, quiet and smooth on pavement. So far the wear is minimal and even. Glad I made the change, factory Big Horns suck.

J

JTW

But I cannot stand it (and this forum is gonna put me into the poor house ... wait, I already live here) and I gotta have tires! In the words of Steve Earle, I ain't ever satisfied

Pretty much narrowed the search down to Terrabites or Mongrels in 28x10-14 size. Any real world experience with these on trails in the SE US? I am not a deep mud runner but more of a general trail rider.

I'm in the same boat... and looking for and at the same thing. I don't love the look of them but the terrabites did well for those that had them at the takeover. I would prefer them to the mongrels!
@Eltobgi @eastenn @Koda

advertisement
DerekC

DerekC

May 19, 2017
Little Rock, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered the ITP Blackwater Evo's. They are Radial tires which means they will last forever basically and are less likely to puncture, which is what just happened to me at the Mulberry ride. I am also getting them reverse mounted to hide the hideous yellow writing

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered the ITP Blackwater Evo's. They are Radial tires which means they will last forever basically and are less likely to puncture, which is what just happened to me at the Mulberry ride. I am also getting them reverse mounted to hide the hideous yellow writing

Make sure you bring a spare next time too;)

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

After seeing those tires in use, I would take the Terrabites

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Agreed. I watched lots of people at Takeover with varying tires specifically for the question and was impressed with the Terrabites, hands down for the money

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Ha! I went ahead and bought a wheel and tire package. They gave me an offer that I couldn't refuse. I stayed with the 27" so that I could use my old ones for Spares....

You don't see the yellow once you start using them! That's what I have and love em!

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I went with 28x10x14 tusk warthog 8 ply tires on all 4 corners they look sharp on my MSA R-Forged F2 wheels my P-3 is camo.

Reactions: JTW
DerekC

DerekC

May 19, 2017
Little Rock, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You don't see the yellow once you start using them! That's what I have and love em!

Yea yea, that's the first thing I noticed on yours! ...I did go with your advice though after I saw you going through mud holes in turf mode

Reactions: dotman1 and my99svt
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Yea yea, that's the first thing I noticed on yours! ...I did go with your advice though after I saw you going through mud holes in turf mode

I rode 98% of the trails in turf mode. I figure if I get stuck, I then have 4 wheel to get me out!

advertisement