Tire questions...Yes I’m that guy. Sorry

M

Mydsooner4488

May 31, 2020
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X4
So did I make a mistake? I just purchased some 30x10Rx15 tires. I was told I could put these on my stock rims. If not what do I need to do? I have a 2020 Talon 4

Reactions: Isaiah
H

HondaTech

They will fit the stock rims, but due to being same size front and rear, the rear width will be narrower than the front.

With 6+1 wheels all around you need 1.5" spacers in the rear to even it out. I haven't looked into stock wheels and spacers yet.

Also it seems 30s are the limit on height when it comes to the 4 seater, 32s usually rub at some point. But it all depends on the actual installed tire height.

M

Mydsooner4488

May 31, 2020
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X4
They will fit the stock rims, but due to being same size front and rear, the rear width will be narrower than the front.

With 6+1 wheels all around you need 1.5" spacers in the rear to even it out. I haven't looked into stock wheels and spacers yet.

Also it seems 30s are the limit on height when it comes to the 4 seater, 32s usually rub at some point. But it all depends on the actual installed tire height.
So just get the spacers and Im good? Awesome! That's easier than I thought. As you can tell Im green to the whole UTV thing but this Honda Talon is a badass machine.

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!