BOX1

P1000 Tire size question on OEM Steel wheels (maybe again? Point me in the right direction)

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Been very pleased with the 15" wheels and the Forceum MT tires so far. They worked well at the TO this year.

20220610 132431 2 20220612 062235 3

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been very pleased with the 15" wheels and the Forceum MT tires so far. They worked well at the TO this year.

View attachment 348447 View attachment 348449
What's the height of the tires your running in the picture? Also, will the go good in mud? I have the 12" wheels and was thinking I'd keep them but theres not a lot of choices with the 12" like the 14 and 15". Also, how many miles can you get out of a set if you rotate them?

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What's the height of the tires your running in the picture? Also, will the go good in mud? I have the 12" wheels and was thinking I'd keep them but theres not a lot of choices with the 12" like the 14 and 15". Also, how many miles can you get out of a set if you rotate them?
Wasnt that answered in your other thread? 😂 Just messen with you!
Tram has only had his this summer.
@BWAF and myself had had ours for 3+yrs with BWAF’s being a sh!t ton more miles Than I. that said, my tread life has been awsome. Like Trams, they ride very nice on paved and gravel roads and mine has been to 3 TO’s with one durring a rain sloppin mud mess and she was just fine And youve seen the pics of my LT/MT tire pattern 😉 Your just gonna have to get youself a set and try it. Not all tires are the same for each riders liking but i think they will fit your needs. The link i posted in your other thread will be nice for you!

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
11000 miles of dirt roads, chip and seal plus work fine on trails, @Tramguage1 just made switch after riding in mine and I think he is pleased too.
That's what I wanted to hear. 11000 miles. If you get that mileage the extra cost for new wheels and the LT tires are worth it. I'm either going to go with this type of setup or I'll cheap out if the pocket book is drained when it comes time to replace these stock tires. It's only money. You can't take it with you. I've been eyeballing these but I don't know if I can stand the price, they're $$$$. I like the side wall grip it looks like more traction in mud to me. I'll have to check with my local guy and see what he comes up with.

EFX TIRES MotoVator Tire 28X9.5X14

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you stay stock (9/11) you can only rotate side to side (RF with LF.....RR with LR) if you are looking to keep the stock 12s and also be able to rotate them, best bet is to find 2 more front 12s and run them on all 4 corners with 9" or 10" wide tires. You can also put in a 1.5" spacer on the rear to even out the offset track. I like the 12s they have a smoother ride over the 14s. If you can find 2 extra 12" take offs I think you'll be happier with the ride 👍
I know your right all the way around. 12" ride better and two more front wheels is my cheapest option and that's what I've been thinking all along. But my mind wonders and I go back and forth on different options during my thinking and dreaming process. I have not located front 12" takeoffs at the right price yet but I'm still looking. If fact, a guy on facebook market place is suppose to get with me today, if they don't sell, on a set with good tires on them. If I go that route it will be even long before I need new tires and then they will be 12" tires.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just found a set of Talon takeoffs, never used, tires and wheels for $650. What do you guys think? I don't need them but someone could be looking for a set. Sounded like a good price.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've been eyeballing these but I don't know if I can stand the price, they're $$$$. I like the side wall grip it looks like more traction in mud to me.
Thats what I had before my LT’s
nice LOOKING tire. Hard as a rock = sh!tty pavent ware. Not too bad in Mud, could have been better.
just cuz theres Godzilla tread on the sides, dosnt necessarily mean there gonna get u out of a mud hole Better. supperswampers and there massive lugs will do that. But that said, Id take my carnivores on mt Talon over most any UTV tire Ive had on my P1K5. One thing to remember, UTV tires are loud as howling hound dog on paved and dirt roads.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just found a set of Talon takeoffs, never used, tires and wheels for $650. What do you guys think?
Not bad. But you will still have the quick ware and Loud payment noise you dont like on your main thread. FYI I sold my talon wheels a few months ago for $350

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This may help

M

Mac

Apr 30, 2015
I just put itp blackwaters on my stock 14" wheels. 28x9 up front and 28x11 on the rear. I didn't want to buy new wheels either. The back tires rubbed the roll bar(the one at a 45° angle that goes down toward the hitch) when hitting a pretty good bump. After that I adjusted the preload on my fox shocks and installed some wheel spacers. I now have SuperATV a arms front and back. In these pics I had SuperATV arms on the back and the stock arms still on the front. No rubbing on the front with the stock arms.

To answer your question I would stay 9 on front and 11 on back. Unless you want to rotate tires but then you need new rims that are all the same size. If you put 10s front and back on your stock wheels then the front tires are gonna stick out further to the sides than the back tires.
View attachment 348003
View attachment 348004View attachment 348005
I love the setup. I have the same machine and am looking at the ITP blackwaters. You mentioned they rub with compression in the rear. Do you think it would do it with stock shocks? What would be the minimum u think I could get away with to prevent rubbing. Just superatv arms front and back? Also how did you mount your rear pod lights? Thanks

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think with stock shocks and stock a arms you would be fine. The SuperATV arms are offset 1.5" toward the back so I think that's why my tires were rubbing on that bar. I was already planning on installing wheel spacers so I knew those would alleviate the issue.

Here's a closer pic of the rear pods. I used stainless hose clamps and the mounts that came with the lights. The kind of clamp with the actual bolt and nut.

Hope this helps. Post up some pics of your rig!
20211024 115244

Screenshot 20230827 142854

Reactions: TripleB
M

Mac

Apr 30, 2015
I think with stock shocks and stock a arms you would be fine. The SuperATV arms are offset 1.5" toward the back so I think that's why my tires were rubbing on that bar. I was already planning on installing wheel spacers so I knew those would alleviate the issue.

Here's a closer pic of the rear pods. I used stainless hose clamps and the mounts that came with the lights. The kind of clamp with the actual bolt and nut.

Hope this helps. Post up some pics of your rig!
View attachment 401025
View attachment 401026
Awesome. Thank you for the help. I can always get a lot of info from posts but nothing like seeing the same machine with the tires and lights I need for duck hunting. I greatly appreciate the response. Mine is down at camp but I will post pics soon. Thanks again!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!