P1000 Tough country front bumper in production!!

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Very easy. Couple heavy brackets that bolt to the outside of the frame mounts, then 2 more at the bottom. A couple mounts for the plastic shroud too.

Waylan
Awesome thanks! I emailed Michael this morning and he said he would check to see if they are ready to ship on Monday. UGHHH I want this thing so bad!!!!

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Very easy. Couple heavy brackets that bolt to the outside of the frame mounts, then 2 more at the bottom. A couple mounts for the plastic shroud too.

Waylan
Is there any difference in the way it rides with the bumper on the front?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there any difference in the way it rides with the bumper on the front?

I added spacers to my shocks before I even drove it with the front bumper mounted. With the spacers added I can tell no difference. Went on a 60 mile ride this afternoon and everything was great.

Waylan

Reactions: Tot
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I added spacers to my shocks before I even drove it with the front bumper mounted. With the spacers added I can tell no difference. Went on a 60 mile ride this afternoon and everything was great.

Waylan
Thanks man. There was a guy on the Facebook page wanting to know

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Waylan

Where did you get your spacers and how much lift did they add? I would like to add like 1" to just the front of mine to actually get some of the lift back I lost from the CATVOS arms

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where did you get your spacers and how much lift did they add? I would like to add like 1" to just the front of mine to actually get some of the lift back I lost from the CATVOS arms

I got the street rays off eBay for less than $30. Since I added the bumper at the same time it's hard to know what they added exactly but they did add some even with the bumper.

Waylan

Reactions: Deltamud and Tot
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yeah - that really changes the personality of the p1K.
With 85 pounds up there - how does the ride feel?

Edit - forget it see you answered that.

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah - that really changes the personality of the p1K.
With 85 pounds up there - how does the ride feel?
With the spacers added at the same time I could tell no difference - if anything the spacers over compensated and it felt better than stock.

Reactions: Tot and ghost
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
With the spacers added at the same time I could tell no difference - if anything the spacers over compensated and it felt better than stock.

Wheel spacer should actually soften the suspension by adding distance from the pivot point on the frame. Of coarse the 85lbs will soften up the front.

Does anyone know the weight of the stock bumper and the Honda optional bigger bumper?

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wheel spacer should actually soften the suspension by adding distance from the pivot point on the frame. Of coarse the 85lbs will soften up the front.

Does anyone know the weight of the stock bumper and the Honda optional bigger bumper?
I actually like it how it is now. Was actually a little to soft/mushy stock.

advertisement
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Can you post a link to which spacers you bought just ordered this bumper would like to be prepared. Thanks!

Deltamud

Deltamud

Lifetime Member
Dec 3, 2015
Florence, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What's your thoughts on restricted air flow to the radiator?

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
It will be here Tommorow so I'll be able to run it and take flir footage with it on and off, if needed I don't see why we couldn't open up some spacing by machining some vents in the bumpers. I really don't think it will be very bad but we see.

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What's your thoughts on restricted air flow to the radiator?

My radiator fan didn't seem to run any more often than before, even though the ambient temp was slightly higher on our 60 mile ride Saturday. BUT I'm not one of those guys that buries it in mud either.........so I can't speak to all scenarios.

Waylan

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Pretty simple install, don't have spacers on front yet but I do like it!

Image Image Image

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Aaa and yah know what.... We'll see that little spacer (black rectangle piece sitting in the hood) well I'm gonna need that... To go behind the bumper, so gonna take it back off.... And I'm just gonna sit down these tools for the night and slowly back away...

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good. I've looked at your 3 pics half a dozen times but I can't see which spacer you are talking about. Which spacer is it?

Waylan

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Oh it was the spacer that sits in where the top two forks of the bumper slid into, I didn't end up having to remove the whole thing though it was late i was not thinking clearly. The beer had nothing to do with it I assure you.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!