Multi Toy Hauler -- Anybody use one with the Pioneer's

J

JTW

Officially no. Just an old farm kid from SD.

It’s pretty common to tow doubles in SD especially if you have a boat. I’m legal at just under 65’ tip to tail. Towing doubles laws vary state to state. Most in the Midwest allow it provided the 1st trailer is a Fiver.

You definitely have to pay attention.
Yeah.. you’re roads are probably a bit more straight than ours here in Ky. I can’t imagine towing like that on anything but major highways around here. And even some of those are questionable. I see semis with them occasionally running up interstate and hay/tobbaco wagons like that but I don’t recall seeing anything else.

Reactions: Vikes79
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. you’re roads are probably a bit more straight than ours here in Ky. I can’t imagine towing like that on anything but major highways around here. And even some of those are questionable. I see semis with them occasionally running up interstate and hay/tobbaco wagons like that but I don’t recall seeing anything else.

Yeah that’s very true.

I travel to the e-town area for my job and I certainly would be hesitant to tow doubles there.

Pretty straight and flat on the east side of SD.

I use a sway bar on the trailer plus I have a rear camera on the camper. If winds are reasonable I’ll run the speed limit (65) other wise I’ll slow it down to (55). No towing speed limit in SD.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Yeah that’s very true.

I travel to the e-town area for my job and I certainly would be hesitant to tow doubles there.

Pretty straight and flat on the east side of SD.

I use a sway bar on the trailer plus I have a rear camera on the camper. If winds are reasonable I’ll run the speed limit (65) other wise I’ll slow it down to (55). No towing speed limit in SD.
Really? I’m about 30 miles west of etown. What do you do?

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really? I’m about 30 miles west of etown. What do you do?

I’m a Project Manager (Engineer) for the cheese company in Leitchfield. I usually stay in E-town and work during the day in LF if I’m helping them on a project.

Beautiful country wish I could move there.

J

JTW

I’m a Project Manager (Engineer) for the cheese company in Leitchfield. I usually stay in E-town and work during the day in LF if I’m helping them on a project.

Seriously... I’m 15 miles from
Leitchfield on Rough River Lake. Holler at me next time you’re down this way.

J

JTW

Annnnnd I know a guy that can help facilitate that move!

Reactions: nbomar
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seriously... I’m 15 miles from
Leitchfield on Rough River Lake. Holler at me next time you’re down this way.

Small world! Pretty cool.

I’ll pm you next time I’m down your way!

D

DDstacey

Apr 5, 2021
Goderich
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know of toy hauler that isn’t 5th wheel that sleeps six that will fit the pioneer 1000-5 ? Long shot I know 😳

Biker

Biker

Sep 20, 2015
N. Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-2
38' gooseneck Work & Play. The p-700 and the Harley fit next to each other. It's tight but it works.

Reactions: Remington
JGarner

JGarner

Apr 25, 2020
Silver City NM
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a KeyStone Fuzion 389 with 11' has about 6" of clearance with both beds up.

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
DDstacey,
I have a Forest River Stealth trailer . It is 35' long, 8000 lbs dry weight, 12100 max. It does not have a separate "garage" but what is referred to as a pull through. I purposely bought the P500 for it's weight (1025 lbs) and size to replace a EZGO Sporting Clays cart last August. I liked it so much I bought a PK-3D week before last to replace my 2012 Polaris. I have used my Polaris Ranger XP 800 in the TH and is actually a few inches longer (120") than the PK (116.6") but the PK is 3" wider. I measured my stock PK at 78" to the highest point on the roof. Went inside my TH and it appears it will fit if it gets centered under the overhead couches and bunks and not the steel rails that support the couches/bunks. It looks we are getting a break from the snow and rain for a few days and will try to find time to check for sure. I also shared this for the poster who asked if there was a TH that would sleep 6. Mine will do that comfortably.

My good buddy in NM says he thinks the P700-4 has the highest cages and they have trouble fitting. I've never seen a P700.

Anyhow, FWIW.

s/f Steve

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know of toy hauler that isn’t 5th wheel that sleeps six that will fit the pioneer 1000-5 ? Long shot I know 😳
Keystone Fuzion 301 or 302, I love it;
30’ livable, queen bed up front, couch makes into a double bed, bathroom in the middle, 2 motorized queen beds in the separate garage which is just barley a little over 10’ fitting the pioneer perfectly (you can’t have a spare tire rack or anything on the back), 2 slides, 50’ TV, dual AC units, 110 gals fresh water and so on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwoods
scoutleader

scoutleader

Jun 8, 2021
League City Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Tandem

Do you really need a toy hauler?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!