trailer size with plow?

P

pondree

Sep 13, 2014
Hello, I just joined the forum and am picking up info already, thanks! I have ordered a camo P500 coming mid October with plow, etc. I'm trying to find out dimensions for buying a trailer - I don't want to go any larger than needed. I have not been able to find the total length with plow. Any advice?

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
Re: trailer size?

welcome to the site the 500 itself is 102.5 inches long and 50inches wide in stock form so with a snow blade on it it would be atleast 10 ft long or alittle more so i would say 10ft in length . trailer width would be determined by how wide of blade you purchase but the blade can be angled when loaded and it will not be as wide that way

V

victum

Aug 31, 2014
I think bigc is dead on. I found out the hard way that a 5 ft. by 8 ft. was not long enough for just the 500 by itself. Missed by inches.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have never seen a plow on a ATV or sxs in person. So not sure where my 2 cents falls.

BUT..
You only have 1.5 feet to play with on a 10ft trailer. Looking at pictures of them it seems they add more then 1.5 feet to the front. And if you angle it you just add more.

P

pondree

Sep 13, 2014
Hondasxs said:
I have never seen a plow on a ATV or sxs in person. So not sure where my 2 cents falls.

BUT..
You only have 1.5 feet to play with on a 10ft trailer. Looking at pictures of them it seems they add more then 1.5 feet to the front. And if you angle it you just add more.

Thanks for the input, I'm guessing about 30 inches length for push tube and plow but haven't seen any actual dimensions. That makes it 11 foot at least. I may have to wait and measure the whole thing when it comes in before I shop for a trailer. Really tight on space and want to go only as long as needed.

Congrats on your forums!

C

CookiePuss

Oct 5, 2014
This won't help, but my 700 with the plow fits snug on a 12' long x 6'6" wide with the plow angled.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!