tuner or no tuner

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 16' 1000-5d I put 30" cyrptids on it just recently. It has no issues pulling forward but in reverse well.....not so great. I have read that replacing the stock tune will help wake the sxs up and help with the clutch engagement. question is....getting a tuner is it worth the money? I don't plan on going no bigger than 30's, and I do alot of variety riding. from riding at wolfpen gap (going there 4th of July) to swampy bottoms in Southern Arkansas.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
D

DDDonkey

Tuners can help with the low end, clutch engagement, and make it run cooler but don't expect a ton. I have a tune, but I know that there are better ones out there now, just be carful if you get one, and make sure it is reputable.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yeah no cops tune for me. I joined several Facebook groups and they were in every post about tunes. my thoughts are let the product do the talking. and compition should drive the owners to make a better, affordable, product. trash talking is a major deternt to me.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look up Florida Cracker tuning, great guy and I really like his tune. I have 30’s on mine and so far only issue reversing was up a concrete drive where I broke the tires lose and left black marks.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have looked him up. seems like a good dude from gator country. what tune are u running? if it helps with the backing out of holes that's a big deal. thats my biggest issue. I have been stuck twice thanks to the weak reverse. n my son's can am 570 outlander went thru both places like nothing.

Reactions: Smitty335
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stage 1 I’m pretty sure, it also lets you go through all the gears in reverse if you really need to spin the tires vs stock that is just 1st.

Reactions: crazychris
crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
how do u like stage one so far. I was looking at stage 2 or 3? since it's more mud tuned. our hunting ground are river bottoms. I do go looking for the deepest hole but....sometimes it happens. lol

Reactions: Smitty335
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like it but I also don’t do much mud riding which is why I went with it. Each stage holds the clutch more from what I understand.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought S1 and S2 from Florida Cracker.
I'll let yall know what i think after i get a chance to test it out. probably will be a few weeks from now.
there isnt really any mud where i ride, just rocky hill climbs. so it may not be too relevant for you.

I bought the PV3 extension (6ft) from the club store and got the PV3 mounted on the dash. the 6ft worked out great, the plug ends up under the hood.
IMG 4735

advertisement
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll let yall know what i think after i get a chance to test it out. probably will be a few weeks from now.
there isnt really any mud where i ride, just rocky hill climbs. so it may not be too relevant for you.

I bought the PV3 extension (6ft) from the club store and got the PV3 mounted on the dash. the 6ft worked out great, the plug ends up under the hood.
View attachment 280976
I need to get mine mounted.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 280976
I am interested in hearing about your findings and review.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 280976
yeah i am intrested in your experience as well. I been thinking on doing stage 2. then maybe upgrade to 3 if needed. I am also considering doing the talon reverse gear as well. thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!