1. 1000-5
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I was thinking. At$20 a piece, you can do a lot of tie rods for that price.

Just a little hard coming from the other side where we designed to hopefully never break on the trail to strategic weak links in the side by side. Just not a lot of aftermarket steeringboxes for the P1000.

I do kinda miss being able to run engine driven accessories such as hydraulic pumps for steering and brakes and converted AC units for on board air.

Reactions: sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
How many reports have there been of busted steering assemblies for the 1000's?

Not that I'm not also concerned about that. I bent a tie rid and it bent so easy I could not be leave it happened.

I kinda feel like the curved design of the tie rode end and how its shaped is made to bend. They always bend right at the threads.

Anyways. If it wasn't $300. I'd pick up a set.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW, sharp and BWAF
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the equipment to make those, mill, lathe etc. Just wondering how the rest of the system holds up. I beleive i will stick with stock setup at $20 a peice.

Being new to side by sides, just always looking for bullet proof setups.
I wonder about axles and diffs as well. Has anyone took out a diff on the P1000 after upgrading axles? Might just have to get used to "fusible links"

Question? Can the tie rods be replaced without removing the actual tie rod end from the knuckle? Unscrew the inner and then unscrew the rod from the end, with the end still attached to the arm?

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
IQuestion? Can the tie rods be replaced without removing the actual tie rod end from the knuckle? Unscrew the inner and then unscrew the rod from the end, with the end still attached to the arm?

The bend itself prevents you from being able to do this normally.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW, sharp and BWAF
J

JTW

So you have to remove the tie rod end. One more thing to add to the toolbox.
Crows foot makes it easier.. and for this price you’re crazy not to get one.
https://www.amazon.com/Sunex-97740-2-Inch-4-Inch-Crowfoot/dp/B000I1R28E/?tag=sxsweb24-20

As for your question.. regarding the upgraded axles and breaking a diff... I think I’m about the only one to have tested the next weak link in that combo. If it’s just one tire getting sudden traction you’ll still bust the axle.. if both catch you’ll shear the propeller shaft.
Pictures thread - MOAB, Utah.

advertisement
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Crows foot makes it easier.. and for this price you’re crazy not to get one.
https://www.amazon.com/Sunex-97740-2-Inch-4-Inch-Crowfoot/dp/B000I1R28E/?tag=sxsweb24-20

As for your question.. regarding the upgraded axles and breaking a diff... I think I’m about the only one to have tested the next weak link in that combo. If it’s just one tire getting sudden traction you’ll still bust the axle.. if both catch you’ll shear the propeller shaft.
Pictures thread - MOAB, Utah.

Awesome Moab pics! We used to make a yearly pilgrimage to Moab. Gas prices stopped that for a while. That place gets in your blood and is something you can never get over!

It is so otherworldly compared to the East Coast.

Hell's Revenge may not be the toughest trail, but it is the best on earth in my opinion. Scenery is phenomenal.. Pritchett Canyon, Poison spider Mesa,Coyote Canyon, Upper Heldorado and Area BFE are awrsome.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
J

JTW

Awesome Moab pics! We used to make a yearly pilgrimage to Moab. Gas prices stopped that for a while. That place gets in your blood and is something you can never get over!

It is so otherworldly compared to the East Coast.

Hell's Revenge may not be the toughest trail, but it is the best on earth in my opinion. Scenery is phenomenal.. Pritchett Canyon, Poison spider Mesa,Coyote Canyon, Upper Heldorado and Area BFE are awrsome.
Agreed!

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!