100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone done a comparison of the two units? I just installed the Tusk Power Steering from RMATV and it seems great so far, nor am I gonna switch it out but it was priced reasonably lower than the EZ model. I'm just wondering if I made the better or worse purchase. In photos, they both look identical. Thoughts? and thanks.

They both have high reviews

Tusk with 4.5 stars and 27 reviews Normally priced at $498
Tusk Electronic Power Steering Kit

EZ Turn 5 stars and 14 reviews Normally priced at $599
Honda Pioneer 500 Power Steering Kit

Last edited:
Reactions: RumpRocket
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Definitely look the same, either way is a good upgrade. Effortless one hand steering. For those debating a purchase, no regrets here. If it ever fails, would buy a replacement in a heart beat. 1 yr. so far, no issues.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
That's something I wanted to do at takeover. A side by side comparison. Just so much stuff going on so I didn't get a chance. They sure do look to be identical though.

Power steering is one mod that I wish I had done sooner, and any future machines WILL have it.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It's about to for me, one more round. Plan to clean up all my wiring while the skids are off too. I was surprised how well the electrical held up doing the creek crossings and mud holes. I've had a second battery under the seat for over a year now and haven't had any problems.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
It's about to for me, one more round. Plan to clean up all my wiring while the skids are off too. I was surprised how well the electrical held up doing the creek crossings and mud holes. I've had a second battery under the seat for over a year now and haven't had any problems.
Oh no, say it isn’t so...You’re such an inspiration to constantly spend more $$$ , Honda should put you on their payroll lol. Gotta be something else to add.
Looking forward to riding with you again at the Mac

Reactions: JWB and trigger
B

Bigdrag

Sep 7, 2019
Ojai
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone done a comparison of the two units? I just installed the Tusk Power Steering from RMATV and it seems great so far, nor am I gonna switch it out but it was priced reasonably lower than the EZ model. I'm just wondering if I made the better or worse purchase. In photos, they both look identical. Thoughts? and thanks.

They both have high reviews

Tusk with 4.5 stars and 27 reviews Normally priced at $498
Tusk Electronic Power Steering Kit

EZ Turn 5 stars and 14 reviews Normally priced at $599
Honda Pioneer 500 Power Steering Kit
Installing tusk power steering as we speak. I have two issues. One the lower shaft is barely touching the plastic hydraulic reservoir. Any one else have thus problem? Also the wiring instructions say to hook the “”white” wire from the harness to the “brown” wire on the ignition switch. There is no brown wire? Help! Pioneer 500 2015

Reactions: rtn001
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Have the EZ steer which is similar so will take a guess. Had to shift the mounting plate for free movement and clearance, so keep the bolts loose at first. If your brown wire is the low amp key-on wire, you might be able to tie in to the accessory plug lead if you don’t have the honda sub harness for key on power leads.

Reactions: rtn001
B

Bigdrag

Sep 7, 2019
Ojai
Ownership

1. 500
Have the EZ steer which is similar so will take a guess. Had to shift the mounting plate for free movement and clearance, so keep the bolts loose at first. If your brown wire is the low amp key-on wire, you might be able to tie in to the accessory plug lead if you don’t have the honda sub harness for key on power leads.
Right.. I cut a notch in the plate that allowed me to shift the bracket further to the left. That fixed the clearance problem. As to the Brown Ignition wire connecting to the white wire... I suppose I need to find the switched power lead coming from the ignition regardless of color?

Thanks!

Bigdrag

advertisement
B

Bigdrag

Sep 7, 2019
Ojai
Ownership

1. 500
If you are near a dealer buy the Honda accessory lead. It will come in handy for future accessories and is less than $10.
Right. I don’t know the function of the white wire that is attached to the tusk harness. The instructions simply say attach it to the brown ignition switch wire.. but there is no brown wire? It’s s guess but I’m thinking all I need is a switched lead from the switch to allow the steering unit to receive power????

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
If you are near a dealer buy the Honda accessory lead. It will come in handy for future accessories and is less than $10.
Second that, wished I had purchased the sub harness sooner, having those 4 key-on power leads is nice.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!