P1000 Two stage illumination rocker switch

TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all you sparkies out there, can I have two stage illumination on a 4 pin rocker switch? Or must it be a 5 pin? I’d like the bottom LED always on and top LED light on when the accessories are on. I’ve achieved this with my 5 pin switches. But can’t figure out the 4 pin..

Thanks.

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey all you sparkies out there, can I have two stage illumination on a 4 pin rocker switch? Or must it be a 5 pin? I’d like the bottom LED always on and top LED light on when the accessories are on. I’ve achieved this with my 5 pin switches. But can’t figure out the 4 pin..

Thanks.
Nope

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheHoover and BWAF
TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was hopeful. I’ll quit moving wires around... Thanks for solving my puzzle.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was hopeful. I’ll quit moving wires around... Thanks for solving my puzzle.
A guy would think a power in could also power the lower light resulting in a 4 wire switch but it doesnt exist. I searched otrattw and none of their diagrams indicate this as an option. To get what you need is a 5 prong switch. I assume you were just trying to see if a switch you already have would work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got thinking about it and 4 pin can work however I’m not sure what switches are set up that way. All mine have been 5 or more poles.
Can be done possibly if second light is setup inside to pull from the single ground in.

1 ground/2power in/3power out/4lights. The one light (showing switch designation) would be separate and come on only when that is powered.

The 2nd light (showing on) obviously automatically comes on with switch on.
There may be some switches out there setup like that.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!