P500 UHMW skid plate installed

T

Twitch

May 6, 2016
In the backyard
The way jcart explained is how you would do it without the gun. I just got lucky and we have all the tools at work, being a sheet metal fab shop. The factory bolts are m6x1.0mm thread. I either went to 25 or 30mm long bolts to replace the shorty's that must be about 16mm. I wish I would've went with thicker UHMW but had all the left over of the 4'x10' sheet of 0.25" from making my roof so had to use it for something. I went back and tested mine on the same hump I got high centered on to start with. The washers took a serious beating but held up. Maybe down the road if this 0.25" skid craps out I'll buy a sheet of .0375" and counterbore the washers, but that UHMW is some tough stuff..

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Montecresto I just loaded a couple pix in my sig link, it shows installing them in the top ROPS bar for my roof.

Twitch thinking you'll be G to go with your UHMW skid its robust material for sure! Cool that you have access to water jet, and a host of gear to build your rig, very nice indeed. When are you doing doors....

j

Reactions: Montecresto
T

Twitch

May 6, 2016
In the backyard
Montecresto I just loaded a couple pix in my sig link, it shows installing them in the top ROPS bar for my roof.

Twitch thinking you'll be G to go with your UHMW skid its robust material for sure! Cool that you have access to water jet, and a host of gear to build your rig, very nice indeed. When are you doing doors....

j
Yeah I started out as a welder but they taught me how to program the laser and water jet and they are pretty lax on some "government" projects so it's been all down hill ever since.

I have thought about doors but haven't had this ride for the winter yet. Rode many a year on a 4 wheeler so gotta see how much wind my 2 piece homemade windshield blocks first. Made the windshield out of 0.25" Marguard lexan. I have yet to get the first scratch on it.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah I started out as a welder but they taught me how to program the laser and water jet and they are pretty lax on some "government" projects so it's been all down hill ever since.

I have thought about doors but haven't had this ride for the winter yet. Rode many a year on a 4 wheeler so gotta see how much wind my 2 piece homemade windshield blocks first. Made the windshield out of 0.25" Marguard lexan. I have yet to get the first scratch on it.

Nice to have access to fully equipped shop to make stuff very fortunate indeed! Marguard is a wicked good product, mine is same works great. Light wall aluminum tube frame doors with 3 mm black UHMW as the door material is what I'm thinking for 1/2 doors and you can bow them out for a little more elbow/knee room. Top half the door clear vinyl sewn to black ORT Tarp (transport truck load tarp materil) it's really nice material, can be glued together or sewn and is tuff stuff.

jrc

T

Twitch

May 6, 2016
In the backyard
Nice to have access to fully equipped shop to make stuff very fortunate indeed! Marguard is a wicked good product, mine is same works great. Light wall aluminum tube frame doors with 3 mm black UHMW as the door material is what I'm thinking for 1/2 doors and you can bow them out for a little more elbow/knee room. Top half the door clear vinyl sewn to black ORT Tarp (transport truck load tarp materil) it's really nice material, can be glued together or sewn and is tuff stuff.

jrc
Sounds like a good plan on those doors.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!