F982D80C 4B5F 40F1 95AC 314FF7CF1551

Reactions: Remington
T

thumper144

Dec 12, 2018
Pittsburgh
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry.....forgot to push the send button!!!
Got back to installing the heater after some time off....ended up doing a pretty short run of ducts as you can see!! I know most guys want that space for switches, but my primary goal is always heat. My last sxs only had a light bar installed, and I don’t plan on getting crazy with the electronics on this one either.
I HATE being cold, so I installed the heater right up in the dash. Also used some outdoor pipe insulation around the 5/8” line feeding the heater core. I ended installing the 5/8” ball valve behind the small door in the firewall so that when necessary in the warmer weather, I can turn it off. As for my feet, they normally don’t get very cold like my hands, but if they do I may run something off the bottom of the box??
Still need to wrap the whole thing with some aluminum and put some more spray foam insulation around the gaps. As for the blurry pic under the hood, I was just showing how I mounted the heater....
Tried it out yesterday in 5 degree weather, it did good. Now I just need to get my cab. Alumalite armor ordered and on its way soon.

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Why do my you just buy 2 marine bilge blowers and mount under the bench. Rob the engine engine and in the summer you can reverse the switch to cool the engine...
About 80.00 total. I have seen this done and works well...

Gary

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why do my you just buy 2 marine bilge blowers and mount under the bench. Rob the engine engine and in the summer you can reverse the switch to cool the engine...
About 80.00 total. I have seen this done and works well...

Gary
I have this on mine and it is better than no heat, but not enough for winter in ohio. That is why I installed the heater early on in this thread. Now that I have my enclosure, my heater keeps the front quite comfortable.

The bilge fan also adds a lot of steam into the cab with puddles and creek crossings.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I have this on mine and it is better than no heat, but not enough for winter in ohio. That is why I installed the heater early on in this thread. Now that I have my enclosure, my heater keeps the front quite comfortable.

The bilge fan also adds a lot of steam into the cab with puddles and creek crossings.
Exactly. When the winter time low in Florida is 40*, that’s going to likely work just fine. But no way northern climates....

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Exactly. When the winter time low in Florida is 40*, that’s going to likely work just fine. But no way northern climates....
Agree to both points.

T

thumper144

Dec 12, 2018
Pittsburgh
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The summit heater as i have it installed puts out enough warmth for my hands and windshield. The bilge pumps may work for my feet?
If the bilge pumps do not work, at least I can set them up in reverse for the summertime.

Reactions: BWAF
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
I h
The summit heater as i have it installed puts out enough warmth for my hands and windshield. The bilge pumps may work for my feet?
If the bilge pumps do not work, at least I can set them up in reverse for the summertime.
I here you... I can handle 5 degree cold in mn. I am use to it... as long as I get my windscreen on and some enclosure....
Is honda the best heater out there... 1000.00? I think I see them for 750.00 on eBay. I will install myself.

Gary

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I h

I here you... I can handle 5 degree cold in mn. I am use to it... as long as I get my windscreen on and some enclosure....
Is honda the best heater out there... 1000.00? I think I see them for 750.00 on eBay. I will install myself.

Gary
No dude, look at Remi’s on the early pages of the thread, his is the s*** and I don’t think that he has near $1000.00 in it.

T

thumper144

Dec 12, 2018
Pittsburgh
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think most of the heaters will put out approximately the same amount of heat providing they’re reasonably close in size and depending on where they’re mounted and how far a run the duct has. That’s why I chose to mount mine in the dash. Mine may not be the best setup for everyone, but I hope it is for me.
With that being said, I feel the engines on these and other sxs’s aren’t able to push through enough hot antifreeze to get the kinda heat we’re used to coming out of our car/truck heaters. Most cars and trucks are able to heat up enough just iwhile in Park. That’s where I feel some of the disappointment comes, because our machines(at least mine) needs to have a load on it to warm up in freezing temps.
I’m in mine almost every day for work and have to have a heater and hope for it to be adequate just like the last one I had in my Arctic Cat was. Believe me though, While being used in temps under 30 degrees I wished I had a little propane heater to help supplement the summit heater. Either way, I’ll continue to have a heater system on every sxs I have in the future. They’re a must for me.

Reactions: Smitty335
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Not exited, sorry Gary. Just don’t want you to spend a grand on a heater. :):)
No problem, I guess I did not read all the thread... so summit racing upi heater?
Could not find it on the web site...

Thanks,
Gary

Reactions: Montecresto
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Maradyne Universal Stoker Heaters MM-A1090002

@sheba4 That’s the heater. Once you buy some 3” round vents, aluminum ducting, hose, fittings and ball valves you’ll have 250$ roughly into it. Like @Montecresto said, about mid way in the thread is the build. At the end has the links for the parts. Any questions just ask mysel or @OleRed can help.

Reactions: Montecresto
O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
plumb ducts out under bench you will feel the heat and it rises. Mine come out cup holders and do a fine job but tearing into that dash took more barley pops then I wanted to invest in it at the time. I secretly bought a 12v fan to mount somewhere incase I wanted more air flow. Haven't installed but have it in case. My cab at 20 mph and 10 degrees is not hot, but it is warm enough to have coat off and every one happy they are not on a wheeler.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!