Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After reading all the threads about the dumpster fire that the stock suspension is, I was expecting to hate my first time out in it. We’ve had it for a year, but the first 60 miles of its life was plowing our driveway.

Did 75 miles of trails this weekend and found it to be perfectly acceptable. There was sand, rocks, whoops, mud, gravel, and iron ore dirt. Most of the trails were in the 25-35mph range.

It’s a basic 1000EPS with Deluxe wheels and tires at 14psi (probably should drop a bit). I’m sure the suspension can stand to be improved upon, but I’ve been quite happy with the utility and fun factor of this machine. So if you just bought a machine and are planning out all your mods, I’ll go a bit against the grain and say you don’t have to rush into Foxes.

View attachment 203853
I agree. Especially going slow. My stock 1000 rode better than my 700 with walker Evan's did

Reactions: Haldog77 and Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After reading all the threads about the dumpster fire that the stock suspension is, I was expecting to hate my first time out in it. We’ve had it for a year, but the first 60 miles of its life was plowing our driveway.

Did 75 miles of trails this weekend and found it to be perfectly acceptable. There was sand, rocks, whoops, mud, gravel, and iron ore dirt. Most of the trails were in the 25-35mph range.

It’s a basic 1000EPS with Deluxe wheels and tires at 14psi (probably should drop a bit). I’m sure the suspension can stand to be improved upon, but I’ve been quite happy with the utility and fun factor of this machine. So if you just bought a machine and are planning out all your mods, I’ll go a bit against the grain and say you don’t have to rush into Foxes.

View attachment 203853

It rides like a Cadillac to me but I came from a 1998 foreman;) still room for improvement

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If I had to do it all over again (and I have had to multiple times) I’d still get shocks. There’s a few other things I wouldn’t do and have already switched up but I’d personally still run Fox/aftermarket shocks.
Only problem I see is it’s now much easier to over drive the rest of the machine and continue to go through parts. Hard to build everything else strong enough to take hits if it’s driven to its added ability. Can and has been a viscous cycle.
If it were used for work/farm or someone wasn’t aggressive then the non-adjusts would be fine. Actually smoother at lower speeds.

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bottom my fronts out pretty easy, rides great if not pushed too hard or catch the unexpected rock or what not. Maybe my shocks are a little off from factory, whose to say unless compared directly with another machine on the same trail.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I bottom my fronts out pretty easy, rides great if not pushed too hard or catch the unexpected rock or what not. Maybe my shocks are a little off from factory, whose to say unless compared directly with another machine on the same trail.
My front shocks did the same thing. It was pretty harsh but I was coming from a honda four wheeler to the Pioneer. I thought it rode pretty good at the time. I went with fox shocks after a year and I can ride some pretty ruff trails at a good speed now.

Reactions: JenElio and Ohio4x4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!