P1000 Walker evans shocks

A

Angelia

Mar 1, 2017
Hot Springs AR
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Where do you mount the rear canister on the walker evans shocks. It's on 16 1000.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Some mount it on the a-frame some mount it on the frame. To me it looks better on the frame.

IMG 0216 IMG 0215

Last edited:
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where did you guys buy your Walker Evans shocks? Best price? Military discount?
I called Walker Evans directly, wanted my shocks built with heavier springs on the front. They did give a discount after I asked, can't remember the exact amount off. If you call them make sure and ask for Jason! I had a bad experience with there other 2 salesmen.

Reactions: pct
B

Brewtus

Apr 8, 2017
Brighton, Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I called Walker Evans directly, wanted my shocks built with heavier springs on the front. They did give a discount after I asked, can't remember the exact amount off. If you call them make sure and ask for Jason! I had a bad experience with there other 2 salesmen.

Awesome, thanks. I sent them an email yesterday, but I’ll be calling them this week. How much more were the heavier springs? Are you happy with them? Thanks.

Reactions: pct
Bam85

Bam85

Feb 7, 2017
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm sending mine back for the second time to get a leak fixed. I'm starting to not like them.

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome, thanks. I sent them an email yesterday, but I’ll be calling them this week. How much more were the heavier springs? Are you happy with them? Thanks.
The heavier springs were no extra cost. The pioneer factory springs are 225 lbs. on the front and 250 lbs. on the rear, that's according to Walker Evans. I had the SATV 3" lift which has shock spacers as part of it. I went with a 250 lbs. springs on the front to compensate the spacers I didn't use with my new shocks. It turned out great, I'm very pleased with how it feels. Depending on what kind of accessories, number of riders or other added weight you may want a heavier spring set up. When you call Jason will be able to talk you through all of that.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!