P1000 Water in oil?

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have taller skinnier ITP mud lites on my P1000 I went out riding with my buddies and their highlifter polarises. I got stuck bad high centered in deep water the Rzr 1000 couldn't budge me, then a Ranger 1000 tried couldn't budge me either. My trusty 4500lb winch got me free but when i was finally moving under my own power the oil light came on we stopped i figured it was from sitting sideways upto my waist in water the oil shifted and was reading low. To all of our surprise i had excessive oil, water is now in my recent oil change maybe 100 miles it's only been serviced by the dealer. Anyone else get water in their oil?

I got stuck twice that day the second time there were no trees it took both the Rzr and Ranger together to get my pig unstuck. The second time I got stuck I lost driveability the engine only revved then shut down I thought I broke my drivetrain I put it in park fired up I was able to turn my tires i was hot thinking I busted my drivetrain. Now I have my left rear axle popping I wonder if it's warrantied.

After getting stuck the wife green lighted a lift kit she said this is embarrassing we were the only ones to get stuck. I am looking at the 3in from super atv or the 2.5 from highlifter.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
IMG 0848
IMG 0849

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That was waist deep in the cab and a snap shot of a portion of the group we ride with.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
A lift kit, gear reduction, snorkel kit may help but looks to me for that kind of riding a High Lifter Polaris would be a better choice. I would trade it in and I just hate Polaris. Had a RZR 900, 570, and Ranger 900. Had so many failures and worn out parts in the 19,000 miles I put on them. A Maverick mud model may be OK but the front dif may need to be changed to a full locker. Good luck with the Honda mods.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The lift kit is a go I called the shop I bought my rims from $300 for the lift kit bought and installed I hope to have it done by the weekend. The shop was flooded with hurricane Irma they were trying to get the shop cleaned and see if they have one in stock. If it's not in stock next week it will be installed. I will post a before and after photo I scrubbed the Honda tonight it was embarrassingly filthy we rode for 5 hours after Irma tore us a new one surveying damage and pulling downed trees on our property to make a big pile.

I have my pioneer currently sitting on 27-10-14 mud lites front and rear, 30's are in the near future I like the mudder inlaws they look good and pull hard.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Kmills

Kmills

Jul 24, 2017
Columbia ms
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have taller skinnier ITP mud lites on my P1000 I went out riding with my buddies and their highlifter polarises. I got stuck bad high centered in deep water the Rzr 1000 couldn't budge me, then a Ranger 1000 tried couldn't budge me either. My trusty 4500lb winch got me free but when i was finally moving under my own power the oil light came on we stopped i figured it was from sitting sideways upto my waist in water the oil shifted and was reading low. To all of our surprise i had excessive oil, water is now in my recent oil change maybe 100 miles it's only been serviced by the dealer. Anyone else get water in their oil?

I got stuck twice that day the second time there were no trees it took both the Rzr and Ranger together to get my pig unstuck. The second time I got stuck I lost driveability the engine only revved then shut down I thought I broke my drivetrain I put it in park fired up I was able to turn my tires i was hot thinking I busted my drivetrain. Now I have my left rear axle popping I wonder if it's warrantied.

After getting stuck the wife green lighted a lift kit she said this is embarrassing we were the only ones to get stuck. I am looking at the 3in from super atv or the 2.5 from highlifter.
I done the same thing and had water in my sub transmission oil. The vent lines are under the seat on my 2016 P1K, which is a bad design. I moved the vent lines to sub transmission and fuel tank up above my back rest on my seat, it's 1/4" hose.

IMG 4443

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ha! Maybe trade it in on a boat! Probably some good bass in those weeds. LOL Just teas'n ya...

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The lift kit is a go I called the shop I bought my rims from $300 for the lift kit bought and installed I hope to have it done by the weekend. The shop was flooded with hurricane Irma they were trying to get the shop cleaned and see if they have one in stock. If it's not in stock next week it will be installed. I will post a before and after photo I scrubbed the Honda tonight it was embarrassingly filthy we rode for 5 hours after Irma tore us a new one surveying damage and pulling downed trees on our property to make a big pile.

I have my pioneer currently sitting on 27-10-14 mud lites front and rear, 30's are in the near future I like the mudder inlaws they look good and pull hard.
When you do get new tires don't get mud lites there not good in deep mud. There is lots of good mud tires like the ITP Mayhem series.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Ha! Maybe trade it in on a boat! Probably some good bass in those weeds. LOL Just teas'n ya...

The water was deep enough I should have been in a boat that was taken Sunday, That morning Irma hit us once we found out everyone was safe that afternoon we all went out riding.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
When you do get new tires don't get mud lites there not good in deep mud. There is lots of good mud tires like the ITP Mayhem series.

I agree they were free all I had to do was buy the rims my factories were wearing quick. My wife's uncle replaced them with mega mayhems and didn't want a month old set of mud lites and gave them to us.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Tomorrow at 8am the lift kit is being installed it's washed and on the trailer the downside it's 1.5 hour drive to the shop. The prices on tires, rims and accessories it's worth the drive. My sportsman 500 needed new rims, tires swapped off my old rims and installed on the new set $220 out the door.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Current height, I keep my plastics black with WD-40 it looked brand new the day I sprayed it that was 3 weeks ago it still looks good washed with simple green.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
3in highlifter bracket lift 30in silverbacks with rims and a highlifter ball cap $1,078 out the door

Reactions: Eltobgi
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looks good and sure did clean up nice.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
This weekend we had a charity ride and the Honda did not get stuck once my winch was on double duty pulling out non-lifted Honda's and Vikings the wife was concerned about the cost until we hit the nastiest mud and putted right through it in 2wd lock never having to gas it.

The Honda made me proud I knew my superwinch was going to burn up from all the SxS's we pulled out a few that took 2 4500lb winchs hooked to them.

Last edited:
W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Everyone is talking about lifts and tires, am I the only one with the concern of water in the oil? lol

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The dealer has done all my oil changes I thought I had water in the oil the dip stick I found was the subtransmission I have all the fluids and filters I am changing all the fluids Saturday morning.

The subtransmission dip stick was the first I found I never bothered to look it up I planned to let the dealer do all my service to keep my Honda extended warranty in good standing with only 200 miles on the fluid change I decided to do this one myself instead of forking another $200 out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!