P1000 Water Wetter? What Do Ya'll Think?

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As I had mentioned in a previous post. When I had that grounding issue and was stuck in 1st gear it caused my rig to overheat and I boiled a bunch of water out and I refilled it with just plain water. Well, I'm going to redo all the fluid in the system. First, what is the best way to drain everything and then refill without getting any air in it. Second, what kind of ratio should I use for the antifreeze to water and should I use some water wetter? Thanks all.

Reactions: Isaiah
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As I had mentioned in a previous post. When I had that grounding issue and was stuck in 1st gear it caused my rig to overheat and I boiled a bunch of water out and I refilled it with just plain water. Well, I'm going to redo all the fluid in the system. First, what is the best way to drain everything and then refill without getting any air in it. Second, what kind of ratio should I use for the antifreeze to water and should I use some water wetter? Thanks all.
So I just went through almost that same problem. If you want to drain coolant the easiest way is from the underside take off the front middle skid plate there are two coolant lines with screws on them. Remove the screws remove radiator cap drain coolant. Remove rubber coolant line from reservoir tank. Drain that as well I'm going to post a picture what I use to help me. Daae65dd975bc8c221f41cfafead2f1d

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nitzo
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check with the manufacturer first... I think it's 1:32 for Water Wetter: Water. Double check though. Royal Purple makes Purple Ice that's similar.

Water::Antifreeze radio is 50:50 to 60:40

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: nitzo

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!