Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Snow from last night.

View attachment 122174

Most of SD roads are closed. Some areas already have 20+ new snow. Visibility is in the toilet. Some areas are without power.

The only weather event that we have not experienced with this storm is a tornado. We have had the rest, thunder, lightning, rain, ice, sleet, hail and of course snow.

Here’s to hoping that we don’t experience a snownado.
Thunder snow!

Reactions: Caper and Vikes79
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Well I hate to tell all you snow bunnies this but 84 here today and partly cloudy with some mowing going on!
Haha, rub it in. :)
Do you watch Barrett Jackson. Just started from Palm Beach Florida.
These are the cars I might be able to afford. :)
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Snow from last night.

View attachment 122174

Most of SD roads are closed. Some areas already have 20+ new snow. Visibility is in the toilet. Some areas are without power.

The only weather event that we have not experienced with this storm is a tornado. We have had the rest, thunder, lightning, rain, ice, sleet, hail and of course snow.

Holy crap that’s a pile, of something, for this time of year. That’s depressing. :)
It’s going to Montreal. Hopefully your not going there any time soon. But they are used to it.
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Haha, rub it in. :)
Do you watch Barrett Jackson. Just started from Palm Beach Florida.
These are the cars I might be able to afford. :)
Caper
I normally watch Barrett Jackson Scottsdale in the winter time when it's cold and rainy to us. I don't have money for either one but I do like to watch and learn more about old cars.

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I normally watch Barrett Jackson Scottsdale in the winter time when it's cold and rainy to us. I don't have money for either one but I do like to watch and learn more about old cars.
Haha. Yup. I might be able to afford stuff on the first day. :)
It’s actually 50 degrees outside. The snow is melting fast. Not fast enough though. :) Still nice.
Don’t need a jacket on.
Caper

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Snow from last night.

View attachment 122174

Wow dude!!!!! Sometimes those late snows are the worst.... :eek:

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
We get the thundersnow seems like once a year. Worst I saw it was an early april snowstorm.

It hit 88 yesterday. Low tonight is 28. All my plums that are blooming gonna get zapped.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We get the thundersnow seems like once a year. Worst I saw it was an early april snowstorm.

It hit 88 yesterday. Low tonight is 28. All my plums that are blooming gonna get zapped.
Spray them with water....:cool:

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
They are wild plums all over my property. I dont have enough hose or water pressure even if I wanted too. Looks like plum jelly will be lacking this year.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

A farmer buddy of mine has a fruit farm 8 miles North of me, when my Peach tree started blooming and mine was alright, I drove by his farm and his bloom was in the toilet, this will be the second year in a row his crop has been devastated, 0 peaches last year, apples almost as bad and the grape harvest was minimal. Think he told me that a bloom could survive for three hours below freezing after that they were toast. Believe it or not a freezing rain will save a crop????? Been best friends with this guy for 48 years.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Frost killed my Apple blossoms last year. Most of Nova Scotia got hit.
Hopefully it won’t be too bad.
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Frost killed my Apple blossoms last year. Most of Nova Scotia got hit.
Hopefully it won’t be too bad.
Caper
Seasons are a changing! Think if I was a Peach farmer I would go for the Contender variety, late bloomer and late harvest, but they are a small Peach, not much appeal to the public, but have the best taste!

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
A farmer buddy of mine has a fruit farm 8 miles North of me, when my Peach tree started blooming and mine was alright, I drove by his farm and his bloom was in the toilet, this will be the second year in a row his crop has been devastated, 0 peaches last year, apples almost as bad and the grape harvest was minimal. Think he told me that a bloom could survive for three hours below freezing after that they were toast. Believe it or not a freezing rain will save a crop????? Been best friends with this guy for 48 years.
Well that really sucks. Hard way to make a living when Mother Nature kicks you in the n.... Our Annapolis Valley took a big hit from frost last year too.
Caper

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
With my wife owning a nursery, plants freezing was a big concern for her. She has a pretty big greenhouse with a heater but she propagated a lot more this year and her greenhouse would not hold it all. She got scared a little when the forecast was 36 a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately no damage was done. Looks like lows in the mid 40's a couple of nights next week, then the summer and humidity take over.

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
With my wife owning a nursery, plants freezing was a big concern for her. She has a pretty big greenhouse with a heater but she propagated a lot more this year and her greenhouse would not hold it all. She got scared a little when the forecast was 36 a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately no damage was done. Looks like lows in the mid 40's a couple of nights next week, then the summer and humidity take over.
That’s great. She does nice work
:)
Caper

Reactions: Mopower58
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!