Hot and muggy humid here back in the fringes of the delta.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We got cloud cover now over us. Feels like hint of Fall. But, it still going be a little while.
Definitely feels like fall up here. 38 degrees overnight. About 45 now. Going to be 70 today.
The nice weather went from really nice to cold overnight.
Too soon.
:)
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Well @Caper they got a record number of alligators this year. Over 900 from Aug.30 to Sept. 9. Right after the season opened they got a 13.6 ft. long one down in South Ms. Supposedly several dogs had come up missing in the surrounding area. Cooling off to 94 today with a 40% chance of rain this afternoon.
Holy crap. That’s a lot. And 13’ that’s a big boy.
Cooling off to 94, haha. That’s still a hot day for me. :)
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Well I saw where Mr. (diversity) Trudeau was found to be wearing blackface a few years back.How racist!:rolleyes:
Haha, one of many times. He’s f.....
We all thought he was going to be different than the others. Haha, he’s as bad or worse. His deal is he wants the whole world to love him, don’t give a crap about us, just make promises he can’t keep.
I voted for him, never again.
And that was before the blackface.
Caper

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Deer season starts on Sept. 28th (bow). Last year opening it was 75/59. Forecast open this year 91/68.
There’s no screwing around with that heat. Hard to get them cooled down. Not to mention the flies.
One year it was around 32 and one of the guys got a nice doe, s he cleaned it and speed it open to cool it down, and we just left it to do some more hunting.
We were a few hundred yards away, and I noticed a huge Golden Eagle circling. I said to my buddies, maybe we should go check. They weren’t worried.
When we did go with the truck to get it, the eagle was on it and not wanting to give it up. The doe had a big piece missing from the back quarter. :)
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
There’s no screwing around with that heat. Hard to get them cooled down. Not to mention the flies.
One year it was around 32 and one of the guys got a nice doe, s he cleaned it and speed it open to cool it down, and we just left it to do some more hunting.
We were a few hundred yards away, and I noticed a huge Golden Eagle circling. I said to my buddies, maybe we should go check. They weren’t worried.
When we did go with the truck to get it, the eagle was on it and not wanting to give it up. The doe had a big piece missing from the back quarter. :)
Caper
Doesn't usually get cold enough here to hang a deer, unless its in a walk in cooler. I just quarter it and cut out the back strap than throw it in an Ice chest.

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Doesn't usually get cold enough here to hang a deer, unless its in a walk in cooler. I just quarter it and cut out the back strap than throw it in an Ice chest.
My last guy in Alberta was over 240 lbs. , big boy. You’d need a big cooler.
I have a few big guys around my camp in Cape Breton too. But I’m usually out west for the start, and as soon as those big guys hear shots, they are gone till dark.
Not sure about this year.
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing and Wallace
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
My last guy in Alberta was over 240 lbs. , big boy. You’d need a big cooler.
I have a few big guys around my camp in Cape Breton too. But I’m usually out west for the start, and as soon as those big guys hear shots, they are gone till dark.
Not sure about this year.
Caper
Dressed weight?

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!