Weather Talk

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
We’re all hoping for this terrible weather pattern up there to break. Wish we could send ours your way. Monsoons are still bringing rain every afternoon in NCNM……
Hmmm...... any lakeside property there? I haven't had a boat out this year...too hot and lately too smoky to enjoy it. Surface water temp is over 70F so there is some relief to be had there. We're now getting Hatch peppers for sale here. Got some today and plan to smoke some pig sausage and stuff them...then grille.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hmmm...... any lakeside property there? I haven't had a boat out this year...too hot and lately too smoky to enjoy it. Surface water temp is over 70F so there is some relief to be had there. We're now getting Hatch peppers for sale here. Got some today and plan to smoke some pig sausage and stuff them...then grille.
NM is short on lakes and the rivers are small. So no, not really. There’s better sausage to be had but the hatch peppers are always a plus….

• Love
Reactions: Caper and Rayger143
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
NM is short on lakes and the rivers are small. So no, not really. There’s better sausage to be had but the hatch peppers are always a plus….
Give me an option...I'm up for learning. What's better than pork sausage...this isn't like turkey bacon is it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Smoke has cleared a little. Supposed to cool off a little and maybe get rain on Fri and Sat. Fingers crossed.
It’s been quite clear in NM, but once I got away from the Rockies and out into the plains of the Texas panhandle, and then Oklahoma and Arkansas, the air quality and visibility was amazingly poor. I can’t believe that much smoke has made it so Far East….😳

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh I hear ya and my Mother made alligator sausage too but it's hard to beat pig in my little mind. I've made sausage from deer and moose and caribou and black bear and other stuff but when you make it from cow it's called hamburger.
Sausage made from cow is……….sausage.

You grind the beef and add a very nice bag of 10 herbs and spices and you’ve got sausage. Not unlike taking ground pork and adding a very nice bag of 10 herbs and spices and ending up with (albeit inferior) sausage….😉

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sausage made from cow is……….sausage.

You grind the beef and add a very nice bag of 10 herbs and spices and you’ve got sausage. Not unlike taking ground pork and adding a very nice bag of 10 herbs and spices and ending up with (albeit inferior) sausage….😉
Is this link sausage? Not sharing the additives? I'm just pulling your leg...I've made beef sausage too...heavy on garlic and horseradish some times mustard seed and whatever seems right at the time. My biggest problem is I don't write down the stuff I put in it...same problem with corned beef, jerky and other dishes. Sometimes I just invent something new...always willing to experiment.

Reactions: Rayger143
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Is this link sausage? Not sharing the additives? I'm just pulling your leg...I've made beef sausage too...heavy on garlic and horseradish some times mustard seed and whatever seems right at the time. My biggest problem is I don't write down the stuff I put in it...same problem with corned beef, jerky and other dishes. Sometimes I just invent something new...always willing to experiment.
Haha, I just buy that bag of sausage seasoning and mix it with the ground beef….😂

• Haha
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Haha, I just buy that bag of sausage seasoning and mix it with the ground beef….😂
That's no fun!! At least that's consistent. I tried to make alpaca sausage once and the copilot wouldn't hear of it...no sense of adventure...I was willing to try jerky too...no joy.

• Haha
Reactions: Rayger143 and Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's no fun!! At least that's consistent. I tried to make alpaca sausage once and the copilot wouldn't hear of it...no sense of adventure...I was willing to try jerky too...no joy.
I’ll have to commend the CP when I meet her in a few weeks….
I’m thinking that her willingness to follow you half way across the country and hit the trail camping along the way in a SXS, that she’d insist she’s quite adventurous….🤔

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ll have to commend the CP when I meet her in a few weeks….
I’m thinking that her willingness to follow you half way across the country and hit the trail camping along the way in a SXS, that she’d insist she’s quite adventurous….🤔
Yeah...she's been to 40 some countries including some nasty ones and usually qualified with handgun, AR and shotgun as needed but that was years ago and now she's a food wimp and has some uncontrollable need to follow recipes...no desire to create or experiment and create new dishes...yes...food wimp. I think she probably ate cat and dog in several countries but wouldn't consider alpaca sausage or jerky...food wimp!! She did give birth to a couple kids which I would not consider doing. Good thing I figured out what was causing it and put a stop to it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah...she's been to 40 some countries including some nasty ones and usually qualified with handgun, AR and shotgun as needed but that was years ago and now she's a food wimp and has some uncontrollable need to follow recipes...no desire to create or experiment and create new dishes...yes...food wimp. I think she probably ate cat and dog in several countries but wouldn't consider alpaca sausage or jerky...food wimp!! She did give birth to a couple kids which I would not consider doing. Good thing I figured out what was causing it and put a stop to it.
She sounds like a tough adventurous woman, I shall let her know when I see her…..😂

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Btw lr, there’s quite a few forum members that would love to have joined us on this ride but aren’t because their wives are too wimpy to camp….😉

• Haha
R

rickoshea

this would make a decent thread.i've been making my own sausage for years now.we just made a batch of breakfast links and 10 lbs. of bratwurst.i have a chest freezer with nothing but pork butts,briskets and pork belly just waiting to get stuffed.we even make our own bacon.

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
this would make a decent thread.i've been making my own sausage for years now.we just made a batch of breakfast links and 10 lbs. of bratwurst.i have a chest freezer with nothing but pork butts,briskets and pork belly just waiting to get stuffed.
Now that's a man after my heart...I know just where my grinder/stuffer is located. Last chest we had was in AK and it was so full I hated it since it seemed we had to dig to the bottom to find what we wanted. Everything was wrapped in freezer paper and was labelled but still...PIA. Each February I cleaned it out and gave the food to a "food kitchen"...wish I had some of that halibut and salmon now.

Is the bratwurst a German recipe?

• Haha
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!