Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Started out at 54* this morning, high will be 84* very slight chance of afternoon showers. Better chance of rain tomorrow afternoon…

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
new heatwave starts for us today.high 30's by friday.
Here too. 105 by Friday then a little cool off into the low 90's.

i got a new 1240 Lowe jon boat (ordered it in Feb and just got it last Friday) so at least I'm inside with that little jobs...seats, rod and cup holders, running lights and mount for fish finder. I'm also building a standup lean rail for casting and fly fishing and something for floor. I ordered Tahatsu 9.9 with fuel injection...I'm done with carbs. I have a 2 stroke Merc 9.9 that was new in 1990 and it's paid for itself on 5 or 6 other boats but now that we are pretty much stuck with corn juice in gas I have problems every year with the carb. I wanted a propane engine but I can't find anything bigger except for the Lehr's engines...clean running and no problems with f**ked up gasoline. I have a Merc 15 on my little Duroboat and it works great with FI.

I got the jon boat to haul in my truck and it looks like I need an electric winch in the bed to load the boat...just anther project.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

i got a new 1240 Lowe jon boat (ordered it in Feb and just got it last Friday) so at least I'm inside with that little jobs...seats, rod and cup holders, running lights and mount for fish finder. I'm also building a standup lean rail for casting and fly fishing and something for floor. I ordered Tahatsu 9.9 with fuel injection...I'm done with carbs. I have a 2 stroke Merc 9.9 that was new in 1990 and it's paid for itself on 5 or 6 other boats but now that we are pretty much stuck with corn juice in gas I have problems every year with the carb. I wanted a propane engine but I can't find anything bigger except for the Lehr's engines...clean running and no problems with f**ked up gasoline. I have a Merc 15 on my little Duroboat and it works great with FI.

I got the jon boat to haul in my truck and it looks like I need an electric winch in the bed to load the boat...just anther project.
How much weight is the job boat rated for. My 10’ Crestliner is rated for 430 lbs. it’s wider than the Lowe and takes more weight. For the 10’
Mine weighs 86 lbs. pretty light.
It will take a 5hp but I have a 2 hp Evenrude 2 stroke. Works good.
They are nice to fly fish out of with the flat bottom.
Caper

R

rickoshea

the tohatsu is a good motor.i had the 25 tiller with the power tilt/trim on my old g3.i decked the whole boat out for fly casting.it was a great rig till it floated away one night.

• Love
Reactions: Rayger143 and Caper
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Of course none of that is going on during your 9-12 week convalescence….🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Caper and Rayger143
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have good news and bad news...my little spill didn't result in a broken rib and punctured lung.

It did result in 3 or maybe 4 cracked ribs, displaced collar bone, right shoulder boo boo and a sore neck requiring 9 - 12 weeks recovery and 6 weeks of no lifting over 10 lbs. with the right hand. I asked about the rimrock trip and he just laughed and said maybe that would give me another try at puncturing the lung. I interpreted that to be his way of saying you dumb ass...don't even do it.

SO...it looks like next year I'll be ready to tackle the Peace Trail and hope to have lots of pictures posted by you folks on the RimRock ride. We were just getting ready to do a mock up of how we'd pack the Pioneer for the trip, put new tires on the trailer bought a bunch of new camping stuff...timing SUCKS!!

More good news...84 high, low humidity and bright blue smokeless skies. There is always good out there somewhere but you must look for it sometimes.
Hope you feel better soon, lowrider. 🙂

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks everyone!! This is the price you pay for getting old and loose the old bounce in your shoulder!

I've been dealing with shoulder pain for about 6 months now in by right shoulder. If I would stop working and working out it would probably get better. Its is probably 80% well now.

Reactions: Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've been dealing with shoulder pain for about 6 months now in by right shoulder. If I would stop working and working out it would probably get better. Its is probably 80% well now.
I had my right shoulder "fixed" about 5 years ago and I shoot bow a lot so it gets repetitive motion but maybe not the best. Fly fishing is a lot better for it than anything at least that's what the copilot thinks...took me years to get her to that conclusion.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I had my right shoulder "fixed" about 5 years ago and I shoot bow a lot so it gets repetitive motion but maybe not the best. Fly fishing is a lot better for it than anything at least that's what the copilot thinks...took me years to get her to that conclusion.
My right shoulder and elbow have pain every day too. For over five years now. Can’t find out why.
It sucks for sure.
Hope you feel better soon lr. And SWB
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
And nothing better than fly fishing. Food for the sole.
I’ve got a Hardy rod my cousin brought me over from England in the 70’s. And reel.
My brother fishes salmon up in Cape Breton and has $800 rods , but the Hardy will out cast them every time.
I’ll have to get my daughter into fly fishing so I have someone to give it to.
😊
Caper

Reactions: Rayger143
advertisement