Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Last time I was in Amarillo it was hot and humid...we're looking for 50 to 75 here then into the 90's by the end of the week. It is after all August for another couple weeks.
And it’s always windy and it always smells like cattle s***/and ammonia…..

• Haha
Reactions: Rayger143 and Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wonder if that's why Bill Gates wants to get rid of cows and start feeding us all beans? I like beans but not in place of livestock products.
I doubt it, Bill gates doesn’t even live in or near Amarillo. But there is something to be said about the caustic environment of cow town….😂

• Haha
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I heard he owns more farm land than anyone else in the US. Sounds like a profit motive to me.
Bill gates is a billionaire, not unlike what Donald Trump claims to be. Most billionaires, and most all of us humans for that matter, have profit motive. Not sure if you were criticizing BG for seeking profit or not.

Anyway, he actually uses most of this farmland to experiment with new sustainable farming technology that saves water. And to develop animals here and then train developing countries how to raise chickens that lay more eggs with less resources and cattle that produce more milk but require less water.

He is ultimately a big supporter of synthetic beef and other meats. It requires 230 gallons of water to produce a pound of beef meat. Synthetic meats that cost 1.2 million dollars to produce the first pound have been brought down to 30 dollars a pound, but still have a ways to go to get to the $4.10 it costs to produce a pound of traditional beef.

Germany, the Netherlands and Israel also are hurriedly working on synthetic meats as a matter of urgency due to GCC and water shortages….

Last edited:
  • Wow
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That’s warm.
Caper
That is warm, but with 25% humidity it’s great. And come sundown every summer evening is cool here in the 50’s and 60’s, lots of evenings you need a sweater and we often set by an outdoor fire…..😊

A big contrast from that which I just left……

• Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That’s warm.
Caper
It was drying out, looks like 3-4 days since rain? Got out of the truck and went straight to watering as a few things were looking a bit stressed. All my landscaping has been planted last summer and this spring, so nothing is just real established…..

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
First storm of season.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have good news and bad news...my little spill didn't result in a broken rib and punctured lung.

It did result in 3 or maybe 4 cracked ribs, displaced collar bone, right shoulder boo boo and a sore neck requiring 9 - 12 weeks recovery and 6 weeks of no lifting over 10 lbs. with the right hand. I asked about the rimrock trip and he just laughed and said maybe that would give me another try at puncturing the lung. I interpreted that to be his way of saying you dumb ass...don't even do it.

SO...it looks like next year I'll be ready to tackle the Peace Trail and hope to have lots of pictures posted by you folks on the RimRock ride. We were just getting ready to do a mock up of how we'd pack the Pioneer for the trip, put new tires on the trailer bought a bunch of new camping stuff...timing SUCKS!!

More good news...84 high, low humidity and bright blue smokeless skies. There is always good out there somewhere but you must look for it sometimes.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have good news and bad news...my little spill didn't result in a broken rib and punctured lung.

It did result in 3 or maybe 4 cracked ribs, displaced collar bone, right shoulder boo boo and a sore neck requiring 9 - 12 weeks recovery and 6 weeks of no lifting over 10 lbs. with the right hand. I asked about the rimrock trip and he just laughed and said maybe that would give me another try at puncturing the lung. I interpreted that to be his way of saying you dumb ass...don't even do it.

SO...it looks like next year I'll be ready to tackle the Peace Trail and hope to have lots of pictures posted by you folks on the RimRock ride. We were just getting ready to do a mock up of how we'd pack the Pioneer for the trip, put new tires on the trailer bought a bunch of new camping stuff...timing SUCKS!!

More good news...84 high, low humidity and bright blue smokeless skies. There is always good out there somewhere but you must look for it sometimes.
Get well soon…..😊

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Cracked ribs suck. Get well.
Caper

Reactions: Rayger143
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

All the best to a speedy recovery

• Love
Reactions: Caper
advertisement