Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Don’t know how you handle this kind of heat in the summer.
🥵🥵
Caper
Well, I believe I’ll be spending a lot of summer time in NCNM, and spring, fall and winter spread out…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yep, it is in fact weather and not climate…..😊👍
Yeah...but I didn't say anything about climate...I said it must be "global warming" short term has nothing to do with climate which changes over eons or at least thousands of years and is naturally generated by our earth. Global warming has been underway since before the last ice age. NOW, we can consider the effect of green house gases on "weather" and recent heating of our planet as a result of burning of fossil fuels in the last few hundred or several thousand years. Coal is after all a fossil fuel and my guess is it was used as fuel since the dawn of civilization...right? Yip, that changed the weather since the industrial revolution but not the climate.

Your turn.

• Love
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah...but I didn't say anything about climate...I said it must be "global warming" short term has nothing to do with climate which changes over eons or at least thousands of years and is naturally generated by our earth. Global warming has been underway since before the last ice age. NOW, we can consider the effect of green house gases on "weather" and recent heating of our planet as a result of burning of fossil fuels in the last few hundred or several thousand years. Coal is after all a fossil fuel and my guess is it was used as fuel since the dawn of civilization...right? Yip, that changed the weather since the industrial revolution but not the climate.

Your turn.
You mentioned that you were having unseasonably cool weather and said so much for global warming….

My point was that weather is not the barometer of GCC.

• Love
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Your turn.
You didn't bring up all the concrete and all the homes pumping all the heat from inside the structures to the out side, most subdivisions remove 85% of the natural temperature area, including most commercial projects. Then think about flooding and pollution, with all the parking lots with automobiles leaking fluids on to the concrete that run off into the tributaries that run into our drinking water. We have a customer that is Director of Beaver Lake Water Shed, I was talking to him a few years back and he told me that when you hit 15% of an area with hard surfaces, whether it be roofs or concrete, you have created a potential flooding issue in hard rains. You need to look at the big picture when you start thinking about global warming while we all sitting in our air conditioned structures. Yes automobiles contribute a lot to global warming, but there's more to the story. I'm no where near 15% hard surface at our home, with a 40 x 75 shop and I have a long driveway that's not hard surfaced and have never had a flooding issue. Your turn

• Haha
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
You mentioned that you were having unseasonably cool weather and said so much for global warming….

My point was that weather is not the barometer of GCC.
What happens when hot air rises? Something adjacent to it must fill the void...in this case a low front over Northern Canada sucked in cold or cooler arctic air to replace the hot air that rose and was pushed Eastward and probably Southern by the jet stream. Was that hot air really sourced from global warming...probably not but it may be one explanation or partial source of the hotter than normal weather seen in the US, Europe and across East Asia and was then cooled as it crossed the Pacific Ocean.

The movement of the our atmosphere has many causes... one could be thermal displacement maybe caused by solar heating in a particular location such as Calif, OR, WA, and BC just waiting to suck in cool air moved by a low front. The fires in those locations could also contribute. I used to teach weather in pilot ground schools but I'm no expert by any measure...I have experienced a lot of weather over the years.

What IS the barometer of Climate Change?

• Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Carbon emissions, whether natural and or as a result of human activity…

Weather refers to short term atmospheric conditions while climate is the weather of a specific region averaged over a long period of time.

I can understand that you taught weather for some time, very important to the PP especially during VFR….

Hows the ribs and neck?

Oh, and did your care package arrive? If not I best have mama check her tracking on that…..🤔

• Love
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Latest update.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What happens when hot air rises? Something adjacent to it must fill the void...in this case a low front over Northern Canada sucked in cold or cooler arctic air to replace the hot air that rose and was pushed Eastward and probably Southern by the jet stream. Was that hot air really sourced from global warming...probably not but it may be one explanation or partial source of the hotter than normal weather seen in the US, Europe and across East Asia and was then cooled as it crossed the Pacific Ocean.

The movement of the our atmosphere has many causes... one could be thermal displacement maybe caused by solar heating in a particular location such as Calif, OR, WA, and BC just waiting to suck in cool air moved by a low front. The fires in those locations could also contribute. I used to teach weather in pilot ground schools but I'm no expert by any measure...I have experienced a lot of weather over the years.

Crop yield is a good start, especially fruit crops. The summer after Mt Hellens blew was a cool summer.

• Love
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All this talk about weather/climate change/ global warming . . . I think it's the fault of senior citizens (which I are one), unduly contributing to greenhouse gasses. To prove my point, check your outdoor thermometer, then wait a few minutes and see if you don't see the temperature spike - I'm gonna step outside and cut a big one.

• Love
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!