Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Well, I was wrong...29 and just a dusting on top about 7"last night. I'm building a replica of a Lacota horse bow and I just got back from the shop working on that...it's sure feeling like snow outside.

Sorry to hear AB has 25 below (guessing that's C temp) since that air mass is headed South tomorrow. There were folks out in the dark on snow machines this morning...guessing they were dropped off by Santa. I miss mine.

Hope everyone got full stockings!!
Around the camp, everyone has big machines. Crazy fast.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Y
Deer are all hunkered down anyway. I shot a caribou in that kind of weather and I still remember how nice it was to stick my hands in there but getting the blood and guts off my hands in the snow ruined it all.
Yup, it’s ok while your hands are inside, but at that temp, it like putting wet hands in that temp when you take your hands out. He has to be bigger than the 14 pt I got a few years ago if I’m going to shoot in that cold anymore.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure what crazy fast is but my old tripple would do 100+ and without goggles it would freeze your tears.
A friend had a turbo something
He went by my neighbors at 120 mph . And my neighbor has a 1000 Artic cat. He went right up the hill , about 45 degrees, with the skis right off the snow. His son races motorcross. He has no fear. I guess I didn’t either at that age.
Haha
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
It’s a beautiful sunny morning here in Nova Scotia. It’s just below freezing but no wind , it’s a great day. Hope it stays like this all winter. Haha
Caper

Reactions: SWB
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure what crazy fast is but my old tripple would do 100+ and without goggles it would freeze your tears.
We have a road at the top of MacIntyre mountain, it’s a road built for logging years ago, it’s about 4 lanes wide and it’s groomed and straight. The boys open them up, there. In summer you see the people that tried to get out early or later in the season, with the grooves in the rocks on the road from the skis. Some years we’ve got 7’ down there.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
This is from a few years ago in Cape Breton.
Lots
Caper
ACF14027 87E0 4A11 A9DD 07A66ACA62E2

Reactions: toddvdh
advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Lots of work to keep up with Mother Nature!!Hopefully they are not firing plow driver if they are not getting shots.
They had to get their shots. We have no plows on the road when it snows this year either.
It amazes me how they don’t drive off the road up there. I guess they plow with GPS up there. Or good memories. Haha
Caper

Reactions: toddvdh
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Lots of work to keep up with Mother Nature!!Hopefully they are not firing plow driver if they are not getting shots.
They get a lot of snow squalls up there. It can snow for a week straight. And snowing so hard you can barely see the front of your truck. And wind howling. Easy to get lost without a compass in that stuff. I’ve hunted in that kind of snow. You walk about 50 yards and turn around, and 25 yards away your prints are covered.
Nice to get home.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
They get a lot of snow squalls up there. It can snow for a week straight. And snowing so hard you can barely see the front of your truck. And wind howling. Easy to get lost without a compass in that stuff. I’ve hunted in that kind of snow. You walk about 50 yards and turn around, and 25 yards away your prints are covered.
Nice to get home.
Caper
I stayed in camp in that kinda crap...critters are laying under a tree somewhere wishing they had followed the geese South.

• Haha
Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I stayed in camp in that kinda crap...critters are laying under a tree somewhere wishing they had followed the geese South.
I remember I was thinking what the hell am I doing out in this crap. It can be hard to believe how hard it can come down at sometimes.
I walked up on a big buck in that crap one time. He was only 25 feet in front of me, I lifted the 30.06 and the scope was full of snow, even under my arm and hand on the front. Couldn’t see anything. After that I bought an over and under scope mount with flip up caps. Definitely worth the money for the flip ups. Should have had them a long time before that.
I used to love being at the camp in a big storm. I’ve been by myself a few times with over a foot. My old Golden loved it. I remember him running through the yard, stop, drive his face in the snow and pull out a mouse. And of course eat it before I could get to him. Haha
He had an incredible nose. Track you all day and find your ass.
😊
He was a good dog.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I remember I was thinking what the hell am I doing out in this crap. It can be hard to believe how hard it can come down at sometimes.
I walked up on a big buck in that crap one time. He was only 25 feet in front of me, I lifted the 30.06 and the scope was full of snow, even under my arm and hand on the front. Couldn’t see anything. After that I bought an over and under scope mount with flip up caps. Definitely worth the money for the flip ups. Should have had them a long time before that.
I used to love being at the camp in a big storm. I’ve been by myself a few times with over a foot. My old Golden loved it. I remember him running through the yard, stop, drive his face in the snow and pull out a mouse. And of course eat it before I could get to him. Haha
He had an incredible nose. Track you all day and find your ass.
😊
He was a good dog.
Caper
I've always had Labs and we have a 100 lb red Lab now. He's my 9th Lab. Copilot has a Golden Doodle and is very much like a Golden but has curly hair and doesn't shed. Same breeder sucked me into a little full size girl poodle. She's small for a full sized and she runs rings around the other two dogs. Great nose and retrieves like a Lab and out smarts me sometimes. Never thought I'd have a poodle but they said keep her for a month or so and if you don't like her then bring her back...fat chance. She weighs 45 lbs so she's not small but has long legs and jumps like a bull frog. Guess we'll keep her.

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I've always had Labs and we have a 100 lb red Lab now. He's my 9th Lab. Copilot has a Golden Doodle and is very much like a Golden but has curly hair and doesn't shed. Same breeder sucked me into a little full size girl poodle. She's small for a full sized and she runs rings around the other two dogs. Great nose and retrieves like a Lab and out smarts me sometimes. Never thought I'd have a poodle but they said keep her for a month or so and if you don't like her then bring her back...fat chance. She weighs 45 lbs so she's not small but has long legs and jumps like a bull frog. Guess we'll keep her.
We have a Nova Scotia Duck Toller.
He’s about 45 lbs. very smart. My two Goldens were 100 and 120 lbs. all muscle. We also have a cat with double front paws. They go at it every day. The cat won’t back down no matter how much he gets the crap beat out of him. Tough guy.
Haha
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
We have a Nova Scotia Duck Toller.
He’s about 45 lbs. very smart. My two Goldens were 100 and 120 lbs. all muscle. We also have a cat with double front paws. They go at it every day. The cat won’t back down no matter how much he gets the crap beat out of him. Tough guy.
Haha
Caper
Cats make great moving targets.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Cats make great moving targets.
I used to think that until we got our first one 30 years ago. He was a great mouser down the camp. My last guy was too. I think this guy is too. Just haven’t seen any. Haha
Smarter than you think.
😊
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I used to think that until we got our first one 30 years ago. He was a great mouser down the camp. My last guy was too. I think this guy is too. Just haven’t seen any. Haha
Smarter than you think.
😊
Caper
HAPPY you feel that way!!

• Haha
advertisement