How do YOU pronounce Oklahoma ?
Do you think it's correct?

There is a right way and a wrong way
to pronounce Oklahoma .

If you say OK...LAHOMA
You're WRONG.

The proper way is:
OKLA .....HOMA.
There's a gap between the 'a' and the 'h'.

I can prove it.....................

[]

There, you learned
something today!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My propane is burning mostly clean and hot...no, dust, dirt, cutting, splitting or hauling involved...just set the thermostat and enjoy. Hydronic is wonderful...60F in the Garage, no snow on the patio, 55F in the shop and CP pays the bill...totally painless until Brandon raised my bill $600 from last July but not as high as it was under Obama...yet. Haven't sharpened a chain saw chain in 10 years.
I like dust and supplemental wood heat and let my propane heaters do the rest. I burn 850 gallons of propane a year, I have a 1000 gallon propane tank, I buy propane in the summer for around $ 1.50 a gallon and can make it until propane comes down in the late spring with a home with two furnaces, cook stove and tankless water heater, Have a double barrel wood stove in my insulated shop, if I want to work all day in shirt sleeves. Propane cost me around $ 1,275 annually a year, $ 106.25 a month. I feel comfortable with that. We install radiant floor heat systems, the best floors for heat transfer are polished concrete and tiled concrete floors, but we have 1.5 inches of wood on the concrete, only thing worse is carpet and pad. What are your heating costs? Our normal average temp is 33* November through early April, that's night time lows & day time highs averages combined.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I like dust and supplemental wood heat and let my propane heaters do the rest. I burn 850 gallons of propane a year, I have a 1000 gallon propane tank, I buy propane in the summer for around $ 1.50 a gallon and can make it until propane comes down in the late spring with a home with two furnaces, cook stove and tankless water heater, Have a double barrel wood stove in my insulated shop, if I want to work all day in shirt sleeves. Propane cost me around $ 1,275 annually a year, $ 106.25 a month. I feel comfortable with that. We install radiant floor heat systems, the best floors for heat transfer are polished concrete and tiled concrete floors, but we have 1.5 inches of wood on the concrete, only thing worse is carpet and pad. What are your heating costs? Our normal average temp is 33* November through early April, that's night time lows & day time highs averages combined.
Btw, didn’t get to show you when you were out. This, Ft Union was the largest fort in the American southwest just 25 miles north of Las Vegas built to protect commerce along the Santa Fe trail….

61D20CDE F61A 4A14 881A 126DAF4A4475

Pity it had fallen into such disrepair, but the army abandoned it in 1890….The railroad had reached Las Vegas in 1879 and the protection just wasn’t needed any longer. Kit Carson commanded this fort for a time during the civil war….

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Btw, didn’t get to show you when you were out. This, Ft Union was the largest fort in the American southwest just 25 miles north of Las Vegas built to protect commerce along the Santa Fe trail….

View attachment 316199
Pity it had fallen into such disrepair, but the army abandoned it in 1890….The railroad had reached Las Vegas in 1879 and the protection just wasn’t needed any longer. Kit Carson commanded this fort for a time during the civil war….
I love real History! I would love to see it!

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I love real History! I would love to see it!
We go up and have picnics at it occasionally. It’s on a lonely prairie with a commanding view 360* and a small stream nearby. Indians could be seen approaching for miles in any direction. You can look around and see why the location was chosen. Just outside the fort grounds, wide deep ruts from the wagons plying the Santa Fe trail are still readily visible…😎

• Love
Reactions: Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Usually $2400 but we're a bit cooler than you folks. My last house (4400 sf) was over $4K and that included a smaller shop (1800SF) as well. Current shop is 2000SF with a bathroom and bedroom which has supplemental electric as needed. If I keep the bedroom closed it will stay at 65 or so from just the hydronics heat since it is well insulated. Shop has R19 walls and 24" in the flat ceiling.

We lived on wood fire for 28 years and when we move to ID there was no reason to keep it up because of pine and soft wood here. No red oak or hickory to heat with. Older I get the more I like propane. We do have wood stoves for emergency but have NEVER used them so far.

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: SWB and Montecresto
advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Usually $2400 but we're a bit cooler than you folks. My last house (4400 sf) was over $4K and that included a smaller shop (1800SF) as well. Current shop is 2000SF with a bathroom and bedroom which has supplemental electric as needed. If I keep the bedroom closed it will stay at 65 or so from just the hydronics heat since it is well insulated. Shop has R19 walls and 24" in the flat ceiling.

We lived on wood fire for 28 years and when we move to ID there was no reason to keep it up because of pine and soft wood here. No red oak or hickory to heat with. Older I get the more I like propane. We do have wood stoves for emergency but have NEVER used them so far.
Propane is too expensive down here. We give all our gas to the states. Why ? I have no clue
Someone got their pockets filled.
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

We are pushing 3800 sq ft and wish it was smaller, but we love the land were sitting on, very small plot 12 acres, but we like it, so here we'll stay. I can pee outside, shoot my pistols and get my power tools out without someone coming up to me and asking if I have a permit. When we moved out here after the house was built buy mostly me. I started cleaning up the property that was is terrible shape, a little better than now. I would pile up big piles of dead trees and brush and set them off, first time the volunteer Fire Dept came screaming up the drive way, jumped out of there trucks and asked me where my water hose was, I pointed to my feet where the nozzle was and said there's my tractor with a blade on the back. They had a reason to be concerned, wind was out of the South at 20 MPH, but I was burning on the North slope of a knoll and the smoke was blowing South until it got above the tree line. Theses folks are as country as it gets, they hung around a little and watched and left, I was so relived when they left, I needed another beer. Now if they drive by they just wave, they know I'm a safe fire bug! HA!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You don’t like my forecast huh Cap….🤷‍♂️

• Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We are pushing 3800 sq ft and wish it was smaller, but we love the land were sitting on, very small plot 12 acres, but we like it, so here we'll stay. I can pee outside, shoot my pistols and get my power tools out without someone coming up to me and asking if I have a permit. When we moved out here after the house was built buy mostly me. I started cleaning up the property that was is terrible shape, a little better than now. I would pile up big piles of dead trees and brush and set them off, first time the volunteer Fire Dept came screaming up the drive way, jumped out of there trucks and asked me where my water hose was, I pointed to my feet where the nozzle was and said there's my tractor with a blade on the back. They had a reason to be concerned, wind was out of the South at 20 MPH, but I was burning on the North slope of a knoll and the smoke was blowing South until it got above the tree line. Theses folks are as country as it gets, they hung around a little and watched and left, I was so relived when they left, I needed another beer. Now if they drive by they just wave, they know I'm a safe fire bug! HA!
Those damn deputy dog volunteers give me grief in New Mexico over my fires too…,🙄

• Love
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Going to start out at 22* here in the morning and warm up to 54* with lots of sunshine ☀️
Probably around 16 in the morning and 51 in the after noon. I think we need to send Caper some warm thoughts! HA!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Those damn deputy dog volunteers give me grief in New Mexico over my fires too…,🙄
When we burned at the camp, DNR made us contact the fire department in Judique and Port Hood. Both places the captains are related to us. And our neighbor had his excavator down too. There wasn’t much he could say. He would have freaked at the height of the flames. Haha
Caper

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!