Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
In a few short years I'm going to hang it up and call all the idiots i've had to deal with all these years in the inspection departments and finally tell them what I think of them. At that point I will be done stroking there egos to get done what needs to be done on our jobs!
I thought you might like this picture of Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse yesterday morning
Caper
C7512760 761C 4C8D 9334 878FD33960A1

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Excellent pic Caper!
Believe it or not, that place eats people that don’t know about rouge waves. Every year a few people get washed off the rocks because they are too close. Sighs everywhere. People still go. Two brothers from Ontario got washed off a few weeks ago. The fishermen managed to save one, never found the other. Giant undertows.
We went in one of the Hurricanes going by years ago, we saw the wave coming and hid behind the lighthouse. It crashed into the lighthouse and we still got wet.
It’s open Ocean to Africa there.
A lot of people go to watch the giant waves
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Beautiful morning up here
Supposed to be nice for the next week
A couple showers at night on a couple days
As long as it’s nice for Cape Breton
Lobster season is open down there.
Yummy.
Have a great day everyone
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335 and SWB
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks like we have a few dry days coming, we need it! Any news on the Walkers? I don't want to bug them.

Reactions: Caper
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
We are sitting at 55 here this morning. It is 49 in Northern part of state. This could very well be last cool weekend till October. We might have a couple more days. But it is fixing to start warming up fast here.

• Love
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Close to 7 inches of rain has fell in South Arkansas since 11 am.
You guys have been getting slammed down there by mother nature lately. I feel like tornados are shifting East as the years ago by.

We've been getting hammered with rain here in Central Ohio. Probably 3" in the past few days. I'm over it and ready for some sunshine.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You guys have been getting slammed down there by mother nature lately. I feel like tornados are shifting East as the years ago by.

We've been getting hammered with rain here in Central Ohio. Probably 3" in the past few days. I'm over it and ready for some sunshine.
This last system that went through dropped 11 inches of rain here, we had some homes and apartments flood, my son was at Lake DeGray South of Hot Springs, the lake came up 22 feet and set records.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Text a couple days ago. Said they were surviving.
I wonder if Hot Springs is flooded, next time you text J & C might let them know, I would think John wouldn't have there boat in the dock yet?

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Black in the NW coming right at us, visual.
We had heavy rain, thunderstorm and an almost unheard of little bitty tornado which we called in the South (well...Florida) a water spout. They lost some trees and power in Spokane but we're fine. 49F headed for fifty something and more rain.

Will someone please explain to DHS that the Southern border isn't closed regardless of how many times the Director says it is.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!! Heard the libs are calling them "birthing units"...my Mother would rip their face off.

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We had heavy rain, thunderstorm and an almost unheard of little bitty tornado which we called in the South (well...Florida) a water spout. They lost some trees and power in Spokane but we're fine. 49F headed for fifty something and more rain.

Will someone please explain to DHS that the Southern border isn't closed regardless of how many times the Director says it is.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!! Heard the libs are calling them "birthing units"...my Mother would rip their face off.
It’s hard to believe, really.
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
It’s hard to believe, really.
Caper
A not so short trip thru Costco today disclosed something else that's hard to believe...The price of sea scallops...$29/lb and pasteurized crab is $33/lb. I hope things like that are not like that is NS. We set a new record for our poor retiree funds expended...need to shop quicker and more frugally.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
A not so short trip thru Costco today disclosed something else that's hard to believe...The price of sea scallops...$29/lb and pasteurized crab is $33/lb. I hope things like that are not like that is NS. We set a new record for our poor retiree funds expended...need to shop quicker and more frugally.
We always have a good selection of fresh seafood. Digby has the best scallops. I bought some at Superstore the other day for $9.00 a lb. lobster season is on , on the east coast of Cape Breton. Getting them right off the boat next week. I think they are close to $10 a lb. A friend fishes and doesn’t ever want any money. But I always throw it in the boat and run. Haha Can’t wait .
I’ll send you a picture.
😊
Caper

• Haha
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
We always have a good selection of fresh seafood. Digby has the best scallops. I bought some at Superstore the other day for $9.00 a lb. lobster season is on , on the east coast of Cape Breton. Getting them right off the boat next week. I think they are close to $10 a lb. A friend fishes and doesn’t ever want any money. But I always throw it in the boat and run. Haha Can’t wait .
I’ll send you a picture.
😊
Caper

36 headed for a full belly at lunch for Mother's Day. I think the temps are supposed to gradually crawl up to normal. I don't seem to remember seafood canning facilities up there and fresh is always the best. We have mongers that run from the coast daily but the fuel costs are killing everyone raising the costs well above where they should be and it doesn't need to be there.
Happy Mother's Day!!

• Love
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Wrong...just looked at the new forecast...snow showers tonight and in the AM. Not the end of the world but it ain't soppooosed be like that in MAY!!!
Alberta has had snow in June just a few years ago. And you said that’s only a hundred miles.
My dad would say
Poor man’s fertilizer.
😊
Caper

• Haha

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!