Weather Talk

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We in 40's here right now. Headed to mid 50's. Warm week rain here and there during week. Little cooler end of week, nothing drastic.
We are getting that next week. Today it’s around 20F. Had a few flurries overnight. Supposed to be warmer next week. This week around freezing all week. Hopefully no snow.
😊
Caper

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Outlook is decent also. @Caper @Smitty335

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
We are getting that next week. Today it’s around 20F. Had a few flurries overnight. Supposed to be warmer next week. This week around freezing all week. Hopefully no snow.
😊
Caper
41F the past day and signs of more today with 36 at the moment.

If I went to visit the Newfies is there a ferry (boat) from Halifax over there.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
41F the past day and signs of more today with 36 at the moment.

If I went to visit the Newfies is there a ferry (boat) from Halifax over there.
Ferry is from Sydney in Cape Breton. So you will have a beautiful drive through Cape Breton too. And if I’m down, maybe we can touch base. Hope for calm seas. 😊
You’ll love the people of Newfoundland and Cape Breton. And the seafood. 😊
It’s cool here today. Didn’t get past 22f, and now it’s 15 F. Warmer than Alberta was, but send up that warm weather SWB. 😊
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ferry is from Sydney in Cape Breton. So you will have a beautiful drive through Cape Breton too. And if I’m down, maybe we can touch base. Hope for calm seas. 😊
You’ll love the people of Newfoundland and Cape Breton. And the seafood. 😊
It’s cool here today. Didn’t get past 22f, and now it’s 15 F. Warmer than Alberta was, but send up that warm weather SWB. 😊
Caper
I remember several ferry's and maybe I was thinking of one from PEI...it wasn't of value to me at the time so its a bit foggy. The boys and I took the hydraplane from Bar Harbor to Halifax and back and that was pretty cool. That was early 90's. Great food and people!!

Just happened to think...do you guys know anything about the little propane boat heaters call Dickinson I think. Just big enough to heat a small boat cabin. A lot of folks had them up in AK.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I remember several ferry's and maybe I was thinking of one from PEI...it wasn't of value to me at the time so its a bit foggy. The boys and I took the hydraplane from Bar Harbor to Halifax and back and that was pretty cool. That was early 90's. Great food and people!!

Just happened to think...do you guys know anything about the little propane boat heaters call Dickinson I think. Just big enough to heat a small boat cabin. A lot of folks had them up in AK.
Yup from NS to PEI. Used to be one in NB too, but replaced by the bridge. And the one now from Maine to NS is just a money pit. Costs us $40 million plus a year.
My buddy had one of those heaters in his boat. I would think The Binnicle would sell them. A boat Outfitter in Halifax.
It’s 30 this morning going up to 40. Hopefully get the Christmas lights down today.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yup from NS to PEI. Used to be one in NB too, but replaced by the bridge. And the one now from Maine to NS is just a money pit. Costs us $40 million plus a year.
My buddy had one of those heaters in his boat. I would think The Binnicle would sell them. A boat Outfitter in Halifax.
It’s 30 this morning going up to 40. Hopefully get the Christmas lights down today.
Caper
I just leave them up then I'm not confused the next year on how they are supposed to be installed AND you dont need to spend time getting them untangeld. 'Kids loved the boat ride.

Was your buddy's heater diesel or propane? Did he like it? They are not cheap but maybe worth it I suppose.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I just leave them up then I'm not confused the next year on how they are supposed to be installed AND you dont need to spend time getting them untangeld. 'Kids loved the boat ride.

Was your buddy's heater diesel or propane? Did he like it? They are not cheap but maybe worth it I suppose.
You get .40 cents on the dollar.
His was propane. He loved it in the fall and spring. He had a Cape Islander fixed up. We went out the harbour one morning early to meet the QE2. It was like glass.
Caper

Reactions: Mudder
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!