Weather Talk

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Less one. 😊 But yes, some better , some worse. Haha. I’m second oldest. A friend got out of Dorchester after 5 years, one of our not so good prisons, and said, you’d probably be good, almost everyone knew you. Haha
Is that a good thing or a bad thing .😂😂
Caper
SO...you're still a fugitive?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Proud of you I guess.
Were you watching the game tonight. Definitely not good. If they gave CPR for over 10 minutes, it’s not good. 24 years old. Critical condition fighting for his life. And those giant men crying. Damn shame.
😞
Caper

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Were you watching the game tonight. Definitely not good. If they gave CPR for over 10 minutes, it’s not good. 24 years old. Critical condition fighting for his life. And those giant men crying. Damn shame.
😞
Caper
Report this morning is not a lot better. But, too early to tell.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I know
I said to my wife when it happened it looked like he took a heart attack. One of those ones when you get hit in the chest in between beats.
Crazy it doesn’t happen more often
Caper
Agree. I was playing in HS and I got "flipped" and landing on the ball...hurt like hell...doctor smacked me on the back and I was fine...sorta.

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Agree. I was playing in HS and I got "flipped" and landing on the ball...hurt like hell...doctor smacked me on the back and I was fine...sorta.
I saw it years ago, a kid got hit in the chest with a baseball, and only because there was a Dr right there and hit him on the chest, did he come back. Regular CPR won’t do it. He’s lucky that one emt knew what to do
Caper

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I saw it years ago, a kid got hit in the chest with a baseball, and only because there was a Dr right there and hit him on the chest, did he come back. Regular CPR won’t do it. He’s lucky that one emt knew what to do
Caper
My kids are still pissed that I wouldn't allow them to play football. Bad knee cost me 2 sholarships and I still have no tendons in either ankle...still hard to walk. Never stopped me from jumping from perfectly good aircraft...but was stupid.

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My kids are still pissed that I wouldn't allow them to play football. Bad knee cost me 2 sholarships and I still have no tendons in either ankle...still hard to walk. Never stopped me from jumping from perfectly good aircraft...but was stupid.
I jumped too, but then I had good knees. Haha. Now waiting for a half knee replacement. I talked to a guy doing my gutters. He had a half, and was back to work in 3 weeks, and climbing a ladder in 4 weeks
Fingers crossed
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
It will only be 5 months wait for me. That’s not bad. One thing that is good, we don’t pay for anything. We pay higher taxes, but not having to pay $5k for an operation is fine with me. 😊
Caper
Yeah yeah...I've had this discussion with other maple leaf folks...2 of 5 cross the border and get an appt here. Don't know what they pay. The other 3 don't get sick but could use some mental health intervention.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah yeah...I've had this discussion with other maple leaf folks...2 of 5 cross the border and get an appt here. Don't know what they pay. The other 3 don't get sick but could use some mental health intervention.
My Ortho is retired from operations. He said I need it. I said are we talking 2 plus years. He said he could get me into his buddy in about 3 months. I was into see him in a month and he said probably 3 months wait. So I’ll take it. Haha
I think Monte waited longer than that. Ha
Caper

• Wow
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
My Ortho is retired from operations. He said I need it. I said are we talking 2 plus years. He said he could get me into his buddy in about 3 months. I was into see him in a month and he said probably 3 months wait. So I’ll take it. Haha
I think Monte waited longer than that. Ha
Caper
Geography and population have a significant bearing on availability of medical services. Small towns have always had issues and challenges keeping medical professionals and it appears that won't change. My bone doc that did 2 shoulders and a knee for me came to North Idaho from one of those BLUE states in the Eastern US and he told me he is here because of the slower pace and skiing and fishing and boating and the Rockies. He brought his children and grandchildren because it's a great place to raise a family. He's an old fart and has money to do what he wants and 3 surgeries a week suits him fine instead of 2 per day. The man is happy and so am I with his skills.

My family doc works 3 days per week and he came here 7 years ago from an Eastern crime ridden state and he loves it here...also older and comfortable with money. He writes children's books to help physically "damaged" children understand their problems and cope with them. He is a Shriner like my Dad and that group and many others have taken some issue related to child medical care into their own hands and away from the government which also accounts for better conditions and more available services...not enough but certainly helpful.

So, I'm not close enough to the medical situation in CA but money and politics may play a role.

Off to the store for 1/4" stainless bolts and maybe something for lunch...then a nap.

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Geography and population have a significant bearing on availability of medical services. Small towns have always had issues and challenges keeping medical professionals and it appears that won't change. My bone doc that did 2 shoulders and a knee for me came to North Idaho from one of those BLUE states in the Eastern US and he told me he is here because of the slower pace and skiing and fishing and boating and the Rockies. He brought his children and grandchildren because it's a great place to raise a family. He's an old fart and has money to do what he wants and 3 surgeries a week suits him fine instead of 2 per day. The man is happy and so am I with his skills.

My family doc works 3 days per week and he came here 7 years ago from an Eastern crime ridden state and he loves it here...also older and comfortable with money. He writes children's books to help physically "damaged" children understand their problems and cope with them. He is a Shriner like my Dad and that group and many others have taken some issue related to child medical care into their own hands and away from the government which also accounts for better conditions and more available services...not enough but certainly helpful.

So, I'm not close enough to the medical situation in CA but money and politics may play a role.

Off to the store for 1/4" stainless bolts and maybe something for lunch...then a nap.
My guy is 71 and only does a few a week also. I think he picks and chooses. But good with me.
I used to love the Kawasaki mini bikes the Shriners drove in parades around here. Early to mid 70’s.
If I could find one I’d still buy it.
😊
Caper

• Haha
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!